Here's THE TEAM vs Melbourne, Round 2

Cooney still in??? Clearly we are tanking

I reckon Brown is playing forward, Ambrose back. Most likely on Watts.

Coomey will be in 80% of the season…

Wow. Ruthless selections there.

In saying that I haven’t thought much of Simpkin all preseason, Kommer will crack in harder. Bird coming off limited preparation, and pace of Fanta more valuable.

Very surprising selection with Smack though… Although Melb use Pederson as second ruck which Ambrose can certainly go up against.

Leuey going to have his work cut out that’s for sure against Gawn.

I can’t believe my eyes. A suggestion that Ambrose ruck. Please NEVER again.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn't be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall
Third tall? We’ll have two talls forward (and one ruck) and you’ll damn well like it.

(For convenience I’m not treating The Langford as a tall in this post.)

Smack out is baffling. Sure he got lost as a forward but they should give gone more time on ball. JD to rotate through the ruck instead, oh yay.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn’t be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall

Not really. Regardless of what Blitz may think, he is a fairly average, and limited, footballer.

Yep despite what blitz thinks, reboot knows better

McKernan stiff in my opinion. Who’s helping Joe? No Grimley? Ambrose at CHF? Maybe going to swap him with Brown? Or Ambrose to tag Watts?

Smack’ed right out of the side.

Happy with the ins just about, and happily surprised to find Simpkin and Bird given the ■■■■. Not so happy about McKernan though. He wasn’t great last week, but worth another week - especially if playing closer to the ball.

Late change:
Out: Cooney
In: Mad Dog Mckernan to run with Watts.

Edit: While I still don’t think we’ll win, the match-ups on paper are probably about as good as we’ll get all year.

Late change: Out: Cooney In: Mad Dog Mckernan to run with Watts.

How many free kick Smack give?

Smack out is baffling. Sure he got lost as a forward but they should give gone more time on ball. JD to rotate through the ruck instead, oh yay.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn’t be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall

Not really. Regardless of what Blitz may think, he is a fairly average, and limited, footballer.

Wouldnt seem the club thinks that after a top 10 finish in the B&F off not even half a season

Good changes. Simpkin and bird are fkn garbage. ■■■■ dog was always gonna get another chance. Like the ins. Bring on saturday

Cooney is there to ‘protect the kids’ and stop us losing by 100 points every week…

■■■■■■ hell Grimley’s well and truly fell off the map. I don’t see what the point of playing him as the main forward all pre-season if we had no intention of playing him.

Who is the relief ruckman?
Ambrose? shudders Daniher? shudders

OH BABY
RAZ

Hartley replaces Ambrose, as many called for.

Ambrose then replaces McKernan!

I know Worsfold raves about Joe D, but after last week most though he needed more support forward…

Paddy must have something on Woosha! Can’t believe Smack is out.

■■■■■■ hell Grimley's well and truly fell off the map. I don't see what the point of playing him as the main forward all pre-season if we had no intention of playing him.

He made the mistake of taking some marks inside 50, and kicking some goals.

There is place for that in an Essendon forward line.

Who is the relief ruckman? Ambrose? *shudders* Daniher? *shudders*

That is one of my big worries. Ambrose can’t ruck at all, and Joe is a very average ruckman who needs to be spending all his time up forward.