Here's THE TEAM vs Melbourne, Round 2

Looney is good enough to ruck almost the entire game.

The relief ruck role is less of an issue than it was last year.

Cooney is there to 'protect the kids' and stop us losing by 100 points every week...

I’m gonna take that as sarcasm, one can never tell with you though.
Selection committee must be scared of how his missus will diss them on twitter or something, can be the only reason he is still in, when 3 others were omitted for seemingly poor performances.

How did melksham not get dropped this week?

Smack needs to gain confidence, I’m not surprised at all, good changes.
■■■■ has to perform this week, as does Ambrose

Cooney is there to 'protect the kids' and stop us losing by 100 points every week...

Selection committee must be scared of how his missus will diss them on twitter or something, can be the only reason he is still in, when 3 others were omitted for seemingly poor performances.

Nah, I’m a big Cooney fan…

Nah, I’m a big Cooney fan…

now THAT is sarcasm

read the ball of Gawns hand.

Wow. Ruthless selections there.

In saying that I haven’t thought much of Simpkin all preseason, Kommer will crack in harder. Bird coming off limited preparation, and pace of Fanta more valuable.

Very surprising selection with Smack though… Although Melb use Pederson as second ruck which Ambrose can certainly go up against.

Leuey going to have his work cut out that’s for sure against Gawn.

I can’t believe my eyes. A suggestion that Ambrose ruck. Please NEVER again.

Joe will be the chop out ruckman, he was virtually an on baller last week

Smack out is baffling. Sure he got lost as a forward but they should give gone more time on ball. JD to rotate through the ruck instead, oh yay.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn’t be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall

Not really. Regardless of what Blitz may think, he is a fairly average, and limited, footballer.

Wouldnt seem the club thinks that after a top 10 finish in the B&F off not even half a season

Yep. But i guess Smack played very well as the main ruck/follower. With Loony, he becomes the part time follower. The problem is if we lose Loony midgame. I dont want Joe in the ruck at all and Ambrose…well…i dont even…

Big game from the coooooondawg

In saying that I haven’t thought much of Simpkin all preseason, Kommer will crack in harder. Bird coming off limited preparation, and pace of Fanta more valuable.

Very surprising selection with Smack though… Although Melb use Pederson as second ruck which Ambrose can certainly go up against.

Have to. NLM isn’t available.

lol Cooney in McKernan out.

Bird can’t get a game in a team full of spastics.

No Laverde is a shame.

Concise and spot on.

■■■■■■ hell Grimley's well and truly fell off the map. I don't see what the point of playing him as the main forward all pre-season if we had no intention of playing him.

Lack of Grimley is baffling. Provides a stay at home and a dangerous marking target and allows JD to roam far and wide. Ambrose being thrown around from end to end is not ideal, although l expect him to start in defence, regardless of where he is selected on paper. Brown forward gives us more. SMack needs to be used, like Roughead. be a wrecking on baller, clearing the path for others. At some stage it will happen this season. Not too many changes from last week, which is good for the sake of consistency.

Smack out is baffling. Sure he got lost as a forward but they should give gone more time on ball. JD to rotate through the ruck instead, oh yay.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn’t be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall

Not really. Regardless of what Blitz may think, he is a fairly average, and limited, footballer.

While I agree with you on this, so is, Ambrose and maybe Marty Gleeson.

If McKernan struggled, it’s the first game in ages - he tries his guts out. Stop playing him as a ruck ffs.

Cooney - yes I know they are not like for like - is feathering the retirement nest. Come on Hirdy! Enough with the boys club.

Wouldnt seem the club thinks that after a top 10 finish in the B&F off not even half a season

Well that argument would hold water if this years personnel were the same as last years, and it was the same coach making the assessments.

But it’s not.

The Grimley absence is a bit of a mystery. Anyone have any idea/theories as to why?

Given how team is named unless they plan on having JD pinch hit and leaving Ambrose as our sole kpf at times it’s happening.

If McKernan struggled, it's the first game in ages - he tries his guts out. Stop playing him as a ruck ffs.

Cooney - yes I know they are not like for like - is feathering the retirement nest. Come on Hirdy! Enough with the boys club.

Hird a selector?
Does Woosha know?

RAZ