Here's THE TEAM vs Melbourne, Round 2

How did melksham not get dropped this week?

It’s a good point. In fact, when Cooney does eventually get dropped, and without Melk in the squad… I’m not going to have anybody to sook about in team thread :frowning:

Smack out is baffling. Sure he got lost as a forward but they should give gone more time on ball. JD to rotate through the ruck instead, oh yay.

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn’t be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall

Not really. Regardless of what Blitz may think, he is a fairly average, and limited, footballer.

Wouldnt seem the club thinks that after a top 10 finish in the B&F off not even half a season

Well that argument would hold water if this years personnel were the same as last years, and it was the same coach making the assessments.

But it’s not.

He was picked for Rd 1. Calm the fk down. He’s a decent player.

Wow. Ruthless selections there.

In saying that I haven’t thought much of Simpkin all preseason, Kommer will crack in harder. Bird coming off limited preparation, and pace of Fanta more valuable.

Very surprising selection with Smack though… Although Melb use Pederson as second ruck which Ambrose can certainly go up against.

Leuey going to have his work cut out that’s for sure against Gawn.

I can’t believe my eyes. A suggestion that Ambrose ruck. Please NEVER again.

Given how team is named unless they plan on having JD pinch hit and leaving Ambrose as our sole kpf at times it’s happening.

There is no way 2 separate coaches have had the sort of stroke required to make one think that Ambrose in the ruck is a good idea.

i rate mckernan but he was utterly crap last week. no way could you pick him this week.

surprised grimley not his replacement. cleary they want hartley down back, fantasia to break the lines and kommer to apply pressure up forward. be interesting to see if ambrose or brwn goes forward.

The Grimley absence is a bit of a mystery. Anyone have any idea/theories as to why?

I’m not sure he hits it hard enough. But that being said, unless Brown plays forward I’d probably give him a run myself. Although Woosha may have match ups in mind that we haven’t considered. Who knows.

I don’t have faith that Kommer will be anything like he was in 2013. He looks so slow and just as bad as Cooney as looking like he doesn’t give a fark. I hope I’m wrong but no high hopes. But really who cares this year…

It’s a good point. In fact, when Cooney does eventually get dropped, and without Melk in the squad… I’m not going to have anybody to sook about in team thread :frowning:

That damn cursed number 17 jumper. It’s undroppable.

Has Grimley slept with someone’s missus or something?

Grimley straightened us up a bit pre-season. He keeps a tall defender deep whereas Smack and Ambrose run around up the ground and Joe gets whacked when the ball comes in. I suppose the problem is we want to see them all play!

After the Carlton game Grimley barely went near it.

No Hardingham?

Hartley/Brown/Ambrose swinging till the early morn…

KOMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mckernan out and Cooney still in wtf

He’s next.

The Grimley absence is a bit of a mystery. Anyone have any idea/theories as to why?
VFL premiership.

haha DJR

Join in the sooking about one player not named each week, that seems to be a popular road! Hartley, Grimley… hmm, or maybe we are just sooking about anyone ending in ‘ley’. Drop Crowley! Drop Baguley! Why won’t they play Hurley?! Farking Coonley!

Brown probably plays forward. I wouldn't be expecting him to have much more impact than snack to be honest. If like to see us set up with brown as the third tall
Third tall? We’ll have two talls forward (and one ruck) and you’ll damn well like it.

(For convenience I’m not treating The Langford as a tall in this post.)

I meant third tall defender

Don’t know whether Brown trained today. If not, it may be Brown out, Smack in.

JoeDan getting triple-teamed and Stokes’n’Kommer goaling from the crumbs till the break of dawn.

I don't have faith that Kommer will be anything like he was in 2013. He looks so slow and just as bad as Cooney as looking like he doesn't give a fark. I hope I'm wrong but no high hopes. But really who cares this year...

Kommer puts pressure on and hurts opponents . Just for the record I care this year and every year .Go Bombers34… Bet they care, as well…