Heres the Team!

Is this the real Essington?

Bombers' backflip on 2012-list players Callum Twomey March 5, 2015 2:37 PM

FOUR Essendon players who were on the club’s list in 2012 will play against St Kilda on Saturday in the NAB Challenge after requesting permission from the coaches to participate.

Nick O’Brien, Jackson Merrett, Elliott Kavanagh and Lauchlan Dalgleish – who were all with the Bombers in 2012 when the club’s contentious supplements program was underway – have been selected in Essendon’s line-up to face the Saints at Morwell.

The younger players approached the club’s coaching group and told them they were keen to take part in the game, a request that was agreed to by James Hird and his assistants.

The move was ticked off by the Essendon leadership group, which understood and respected the players’ request.

“Both the coaches and the leadership group agreed that it was appropriate for the four players to be available for selection as they were not involved in the investigation surrounding the 2012 supplements program,” the club said in a statement to AFL.com.au.

“The four players who have been named in the squad to play St Kilda on Saturday are not provisionally suspended.”

This comes after the club, players and AFL had agreed to a plan that all 25 players still at the club who were with the Bombers in 2012 would sit out the pre-season competition to protect the identity of the 17 or so handed infraction notices by ASADA and under provisional suspensions.

“It has been an incredibly sensitive and delicate matter,” the club said in a statement last month.

“We respect the importance of player anonymity and support the AFL’s proposal to exclude all 2012-listed players from the NAB Challenge to protect the identity of our players with provisional suspensions.”

The Bombers have filled their team against the Saints with 13 top-ups, including recently delisted players and a handful who were already signed with the club’s VFL team.

The club had previously believed it would need more than 20 replacement players to fill a team for the NAB Challenge, given injuries and load management for some of its senior-listed players.

Merrett and Kavanagh have been noted as strong performers over the pre-season as they look for improved 2015 campaigns, while O’Brien has also continued to develop through the midfield and forward line.

Dalgleish struggled with a leg injury through last season but is viewed as a possible option off half-back with his dash and damaging left foot.

All four players were drafted at the end of 2011 (Dalgleish as a rookie), with 2012 their first season in the AFL.

More to come

Quoted Post

Bombers' backflip on 2012-list players Callum Twomey March 5, 2015 2:37 PM

FOUR Essendon players who were on the club’s list in 2012 will play against St Kilda on Saturday in the NAB Challenge after requesting permission from the coaches to participate.

Nick O’Brien, Jackson Merrett, Elliott Kavanagh and Lauchlan Dalgleish – who were all with the Bombers in 2012 when the club’s contentious supplements program was underway – have been selected in Essendon’s line-up to face the Saints at Morwell.

The younger players approached the club’s coaching group and told them they were keen to take part in the game, a request that was agreed to by James Hird and his assistants.

The move was ticked off by the Essendon leadership group, which understood and respected the players’ request.

“Both the coaches and the leadership group agreed that it was appropriate for the four players to be available for selection as they were not involved in the investigation surrounding the 2012 supplements program,” the club said in a statement to AFL.com.au.

“The four players who have been named in the squad to play St Kilda on Saturday are not provisionally suspended.”

This comes after the club, players and AFL had agreed to a plan that all 25 players still at the club who were with the Bombers in 2012 would sit out the pre-season competition to protect the identity of the 17 or so handed infraction notices by ASADA and under provisional suspensions.

“It has been an incredibly sensitive and delicate matter,” the club said in a statement last month.

“We respect the importance of player anonymity and support the AFL’s proposal to exclude all 2012-listed players from the NAB Challenge to protect the identity of our players with provisional suspensions.”

The Bombers have filled their team against the Saints with 13 top-ups, including recently delisted players and a handful who were already signed with the club’s VFL team.

The club had previously believed it would need more than 20 replacement players to fill a team for the NAB Challenge, given injuries and load management for some of its senior-listed players.

Merrett and Kavanagh have been noted as strong performers over the pre-season as they look for improved 2015 campaigns, while O’Brien has also continued to develop through the midfield and forward line.

Dalgleish struggled with a leg injury through last season but is viewed as a possible option off half-back with his dash and damaging left foot.

All four players were drafted at the end of 2011 (Dalgleish as a rookie), with 2012 their first season in the AFL.

More to come

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-05/bombers-backflip

I suppose leaving out more than 17 2012 listed players still preserves anonymity.

Essendon and the Saints have struck a deal to excuse BJ from playing. Nobody wants to see him cry again.

BJ would prefer not to beat up on a relative, if Hugh know what I mean.

Quoted Post

BJ would prefer not to beat up on a relative, if Hugh know what I mean.

That pun was riewoldting.

These puns are quite saad.

I contacted the bomber shop about a 55 Guernsey

Quoted Post

Unsurprising.

Quoted Post

Rapt to see McKenna get a game. l have booked my return flight from Da Nang to Hanoi, early on Sunday morning, so l won't miss watching the game in the local sports bar. Heck l think l will even have a local, home made pie in salute to EFC.

The game isn’t televised.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Rapt to see McKenna get a game. l have booked my return flight from Da Nang to Hanoi, early on Sunday morning, so l won't miss watching the game in the local sports bar. Heck l think l will even have a local, home made pie in salute to EFC.

According the AFL and Foxtel it is.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Ummm …

afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

Quoted Post

its a great number

two number fives

I thought that it wasn’t?

My apologies.

TIPPA ON FOXTEL, BENS ALREADY PREPPED

I’m actually excited to watch the kids run around.

I hope one or two can stake their claim for a round 1 position.

Side note… FARK north. And ■■■■ sideshow brown…

I like the fact that the younger players actually went up to Hird and requested to play. Easily could of taken the easy way out and sat out the game.

Big props to them

Prints out list ordered by number, split into the three sections. Study time.

What time is the game and any one know the 2015 stream link?

This will go off Chapman Captain!