Hille, NLM retire. Set to play this weekend

Thanks for everything guys. NLM needs to just start throwing cut lunches when he comes on.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-to-grant-david-hille-nathan-lovett-murray-farewell-senior-appearances-against-richmond/story-fni5f6kv-1226705896230

ESSENDON is poised to grant farewell games to ruckman David Hille and midfielder Nathan Lovett-Murray on Saturday night.

The long-serving Bombers are likely inclusions for the historic "dead" home-and-away game against Richmond at the MCG.

Hille and Lovett-Murray will remain eligible to play with Essendon's VFL team if it wins Sunday‘s elimination final against Werribee.

Hille, who has played only three AFL games this season, won a reprieve for a farewell appearance when the VFL Tribunal last night threw out a rough conduct charge against the veteran ruckman.

Lions enter hunt for Crameri

The 32-year-old has played 196 games since being drafted by Essendon in 1999.

His last season was interrupted when he took time off in May to attend a family wedding in France.

Lovett-Murray, who has played only two AFL games this year, was  used as the Bombers' strategic substitute last season.

Revered for his versatility to play several roles, the 30-year-old has played 144 games.

http://youtu.be/deYROzwH8qU

Take them all down with you NLM

I thought Nathan Lovett-Murray was a ruckman? What’s with all this midfielder business?

Love both of these two. Have given sooo sooo much to the club. Hille at his best was one of the top ruckmen in the league and we cannot forget that he was also an Essendon captain when Lloyd got injured.

As for Nat Rat, the perfect super sub. A player that could play at any position on the ground and fill all holes. 

Both are true clubmen and I am proud to say they are Essendon players.

Thanks for your services lads.

I'd like to see a repeat of bumpfest 2010 from Hille. 

7 years I’ve been waiting to watch that again.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Think we’re all going to be pretty emotional when NLM drops his last opponent like a sack of potatos on Saturday.

I almost spat out my orange juice then... But then I noticed the 'p' in that word, so all good.

Including the fourth time, the ■■■■-weak one they actually suspended him for?

NLM you are a legend!  Ferocious at the footy and hard as nails, we were ALWAYS a better side with you in it.  Well done.  Heywood FC will welcome you back mate with open arms!!

Jumper sponsor for 2014 Payback Records.

Hille, who has played only three AFL games this season, won a reprieve for a farewell appearance when the VFL Tribunal last night threw out a rough conduct charge against the veteran ruckman.

Yay, we actually appealed one!

NLM was a Bomber by heart! I hope he decks some kents out there on Satday!

Hille was also such an under-rated ruckman IMO. Hopefully we can get a win farewell game, even though it counts for nothing :(

http://youtu.be/deYROzwH8qU

if he does that to Reiwoldt, that would be awesome.

Great stuff to drop Carr. Weak little twerps had a 2 on 1, he drops one of them, the other is there no where to be seen. Commetti was an absolute ■■■■■■ that night

Good luck Hilley, pity we didn't get you to 200 games, you deserved it!  Good luck to you too NLM, you deserve a lot of kudos for your decision to go back to the rookie list after your first season!

Have I missed an announcement?
While it may not need to be said explicitly, it's odd that the article doesn't actually say they will be retiring.

And who does Hille come in for? Both have been great servants, but I hope they've earned their spots. If we don't come out to win I'll be ■■■■■■ annoyed.

How sweet would it be if NLM just starting dropping kents left right and centre with wild hay-makers. The entire coaching team gives hi ma licence to go spastic. Like legit picks up Dustin Martin and tombstones him in the centre-square. How glorious.

Will miss these two, not superstars but stars in their own right..both good blokes seemingly.

Hille should be remembered as a great captain when we were at our lowest (on field at least) who I thought was very unlucky not to be AA in 2008. Ripped Fraser and Collingwood a new one late in the season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tqMrU31mg