Hille, NLM retire. Set to play this weekend

Hoping they both have great games this week.

Two wonderful clubmen.   

NLM going back to the rookie list to help us out, Hille studying under Allen and Salmon (Electric Boogooloo) and then carrying us so many times before Laycock and Cartledge finally blossomed, not to mention the constant support he received from the coach.

They both gave us a lot.

Best of luck to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tqMrU31mg

Hard hard it. I love it.
And the replay was edited perfectly haha
Lovett-Murray BANG!

Two excellent EFC people. All the best on your last game :slight_smile:

Both players gave their all for the club, and are well deserving of a goodbye game in front of a massive home crowd.

Congrats on your careers guys, very much appreciated.

Best of luck with all future endeavours

Lets send them off with a win!

surprised they are giving them a "farewell" match in a dead rubber when the VFL side play a final on Sunday

Richmond will be looking to play bruise free footy and now they will be ■■■■■■■■ themselves with NatRat in the team. Toss in Melk and this could be carnage.

Both top blokes and top Essendon players, playing for the jumper.

Hille might be remembered as a "servant" of the club, but he was so much more. Before he did his knee especially, he was an elite ruckman. Hille + Ryder was the best ruck combo in the league, and Hille was #1 in that combo. He is so smart around the ground, extremely physical, and an absolute leader. So many best-on-grounds. No football watcher would deny that he would be a deserving Premiership ruckman. Deserves to be remembered for the outstanding footballer that he is, not just a servant.

Everyone wants someone like NLM in their team. The physical presence is obvious, but football-wise, when you needed someone to do something, especially when the game was in the balance, so often he would do it, or at least smash things open and allow something to happen, and bring those around him into the game. He's got a unique no-bulls*** style around the contests, super-versatile, and lifted as the game lifted. Not a superstar, but what ability he does have he utilises in a way that gives maximum benefit to the team. And his off-field stuff is legendary.

If you were crazy enough to be umming and ahhing about going on Saturday night, if you're a true Bomber supporter this farewell will mean you'll definitely be there.

They want to ensure there’s a decent turn-up Saturday. Fair enough, let’s go out with a bang and not a whimper, at both AFL and VFL levels.

Hille gets no respect. Spent several years as half of the top-ranking ruck-to-rover combo in the league (with Watson). Was a good captain that year Lloyd was out. Unusual combo of brutal hits and gentleness.

Well said Brewers Droop.

Hille was far more than a servant. He was a leader. I still remember his first game - you could just see it in him, even as a kid (a massive, massive kid!)

NLM should be considered in the same league as Longy, IMO. Not as a player (obviously - Longy was one in a million) but for his off field leadership and community work. They both love the jumper, and they both love their people. I hope that Essendon and the AFL stand by this guy as he takes the next step

ACL couldn't have happened at a worse time for Hille.

Two great representatives of the Essendon Football Club, on field and off it. 

Hille at his peak was a very fine ruckman, unlucky perhaps not to be All-Australian. He wasn't the greatest tap ruckman, that wasn't his strength, but his work around the ground, his physicality, competitiveness  and his ability to go forward and kick goals was always very handy. A natural leader and a good person, I'll be sad to see a person of his quality depart the club.

The same could be said about NLM. As a player there've been moments he's frustrated me with indifferent disposal or times when he's given away a silly free kick, but I love the man. He's all heart, integrity, honesty, and the fact is - like so many here - I've loved his onfield vigour. That dash of hard ■■■■■■■ made him a very valuable asset, particularly as it seems in such short supply these days. Gotta love him - he's one of my favourite Essendon people - for the decency and loyalty that comes so naturally to him.

I'd like to see both involved in the club somehow. With NLM it would be natural to have some role nurturing the indigenous talent coming into the club. Big Dave is an all-round great guy, and would be sad to lose that. 

Kudos to both, love to see them run around one last time. Reckon they might have big games.

We need to draft a ruckmen now IMO.

no better ruckman on the run, from the boundary, beyond 50 kick for goal.

Both top blokes and highly respected.

And who does Hille come in for? Both have been great servants, but I hope they've earned their spots. If we don't come out to win I'll be ■■■■■■ annoyed.

Don't be a tit.
Hille has been a great servant, and deserves a send off game at the G in front of 50k+.
From all reports, he's been playing quite well in the 2's, so it's not exactly a gifting him a game scenario.
As for your question, who will he replace ?
Most likely would be JD, if Crameri and Hurls don't miss through their minor injury concerns.
JD has had a good taste of senior footy this year, and will be better served assisting the reserves side win their Elim Final.
NLM obviously comes in for the suspended Hocking.
Don't worry, the team will be coming to win on Sat night, and we probably will IMO.

Hoping they both have great games this week.
Two wonderful clubmen.   
NLM going back to the rookie list to help us out, Hille studying under Allen and Salmon (Electric Boogooloo) and then carrying us so many times before Laycock and Cartledge finally blossomed, not to mention the constant support he received from the coach.

They both gave us a lot.
Best of luck to them.

Laycock and Cartledge blossomed? I must have missed it.
Two of my all-time favourites, Big David and our Nathan Lovett Murray.

Whats the "Dead" game push, plenty of "dead" games this week, every week GWS and Melbourne play are "dead" games.

last round is full of games that do not impact the finals.

Whats the "Dead" game push, plenty of "dead" games this week, every week GWS and Melbourne play are "dead" games.

last round is full of games that do not impact the finals.

Agreed. Not a dead game because we can actually influence how Bitchmond enters the finals. We flog them and they limp in. We let them win easily and they go in with momentum. Fark that. Give it to them Bombers! 

We need to draft a ruckmen now IMO.

Yes - losing two fine ruckmen in one hit hurts.

Will always remember Hille dobbing goals on the run from outside 50. He was a genius at it. My favourite player for the few years before his ACL. Will miss him greatly.