Hille, NLM retire. Set to play this weekend

We need to draft a ruckmen now IMO.

Yes - losing two fine ruckmen in one hit hurts.

I'd suggest if we are ok for him to retire, we're confident Belly stays.

sad hille couldnt get to 200 games! his knee blowout in 09 was shattering for our reigning club b&f @ the time!

both been wonderful servants of the club! Lovett-Murray bleeds red & black! have loved watching him play!

Does anyone think either would be on the Giants radar?

Both could maybe have a year or 2 up there like Brogan and Cornes did.

One last pay day perhaps.

Congratulations to both on being great servants of the EFC

I'd love for NatRat to stay with the club and captain the VFL side. Think he's got a lot to offer being around the club

Hille was criminally underrated by nearly everyone his whole career. 

Both have been wonderful clubmen too. Very happy to see them get one last game in the 1's

I'd love for NatRat to stay with the club and captain the VFL side. Think he's got a lot to offer being around the club

Hille was criminally underrated by nearly everyone his whole career. 

Both have been wonderful clubmen too. Very happy to see them get one last game in the 1's

Love thi idea, absolutely great servant opf the club and indigenous community who, if he is not looking to play on with an expansion team, we need to hold close to the family in times like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tqMrU31mg

Hard hard it. I love it.
And the replay was edited perfectly haha
Lovett-Murray BANG!

Did the coaching staff open up a poll for who would play ruck in this game on Blitz? Because Heath Hocking went for the hit-out in that video!

But both of them have been brilliant servants of the club in a very tough period. Love to see them go out on a winning note.

Where have their retirements been confirmed/announced?

We had the biggest unit in the league prior to sandilands. Onya Dave.

NLM to fly for a few hangers like his early days, and maybe, just maybe knock someone the fark out.

Love Hilley. Remember a game against the Bloose in 2007 where we led by a big margin early, bloose came back and got in front in the last quarter thanks to Fev from the paint and from then Hille was sublime in the ruck. We ended up winning by 6 goals thanks to his ruck work. Will remember it forever as it was the first game I went to that was a win (that I remember clearly)

It's so easy to forget how good Hille was for a while.

Remember how he used to kick goals from 55 with ease? They'd generally pass the sticks 3/4 up.

David Hille should only kick for goal from 50 out, on an angle.

I remember the game against Brissy their ruckman (can't rememeber who it was now) was badly injured in the middle of the ground.  Hill went over to him and bent down to check if he was OK.  Great sportsmanship from a very talented player

I remember the game against Brissy their ruckman (can't rememeber who it was now) was badly injured in the middle of the ground.  Hill went over to him and bent down to check if he was OK.  Great sportsmanship from a very talented player

Jamie Charman

Would it be wrong of me to say I would love NLM to clean up a certain Richmond full forward.

Congrats to the guys on their respective careers, to think Hille was in the same draft that Fraser went number 1 in. :lol:

Pretty sure there was sarcastica font there and he was referring to NLM as the other fine ruckman.

Pretty sure there was sarcastica font there and he was referring to NLM as the other fine ruckman.

That's correct, but mcdav still makes a good point. (Though by all reports they convinced Hille to go round for "one more year" last year, so it would've been a lot to ask for another one.)

Predicting that he'll be in our best Saturday night. And would love to see Natrat playing in the middle or loose man in defence. (And contest one more centre bounce.)

There's not only room for romance in modern footy - it's farking necessary. We've seen the importance of "club feeling" this year.

Would it be wrong of me to say I would love NLM to clean up a certain Richmond full forward.

Congrats to the guys on their respective careers, to think Hille was in the same draft that Fraser went number 1 in. :lol:

Brian Taylor

Ah.

I'm going to miss them both. Good players, flew the flag through one of the club's toughest (on-field) periods. As others have said, true Essendon people.

All the best to them on Saturday night and beyond.

Need to draft or trade for a ruckman.

Honest question. Who will ruck for us if Ryder/Belly both get injured?