Hird. Pressure is mountain

Need more ex-coaches that used to coach bottom 4 sides.

Fair chance that Hird might have the title bottom 4 coach soon.

I’m not sure why all the angst directed toward people like Neeld. Yeah sure, it didn’t work out for him at Melbourne but when he got that job he was touted as one of the best assistant coaches going around. Pretty sure that wouldn’t have changed.

I also find it weird that when Melbourne were crap under Neeld it was all his fault because he was the head coach but now when Essendon aren’t going well it’s not the head coach’s fault; it’s Neeld’s again.

Unfortunately these ppl would follow Hird off a cliff, the same sort of thing he is doing to our proud club now.
Ours proud club, when it was time to stand and support they crumbled, they looked for an easy way out, some walked, some disappeared from view but few had the guts to remain. Our proud club is made up of people, not one person, who has been used as a battering ram for every unpleasant thing that has occurred at Essendon Football Club in the past years.

Be proud, shut up and support.

That's why I have been a paid member for 25 years and supported the flight plan with a donation......you are right, the club is not one person so we need to ensure that Hird is dealt with in the same manner as any other coach might, measured only by performance and not given any free rides by supporters or the club......no one man is bigger than the club
yeah don't be one of those supporters that tries to hold something up. you know, providing support. Supporters need to make ruthless career decisions like Tax auditors.

Fixed!

I’m not sure why all the angst directed toward people like Neeld. Yeah sure, it didn’t work out for him at Melbourne but when he got that job he was touted as one of the best assistant coaches going around. Pretty sure that wouldn’t have changed.

I also find it weird that when Melbourne were crap under Neeld it was all his fault because he was the head coach but now when Essendon aren’t going well it’s not the head coach’s fault; it’s Neeld’s again.

Unfortunately these ppl would follow Hird off a cliff, the same sort of thing he is doing to our proud club now.
Ours proud club, when it was time to stand and support they crumbled, they looked for an easy way out, some walked, some disappeared from view but few had the guts to remain. Our proud club is made up of people, not one person, who has been used as a battering ram for every unpleasant thing that has occurred at Essendon Football Club in the past years.

That's why I have been a paid member for 25 years and supported the flight plan with a donation......you are right, the club is not one person so we need to ensure that Hird is dealt with in the same manner as any other coach might, measured only by performance and not given any free rides by supporters or the club......no one man is bigger than the club
yeah don't be one of those supporters that tries to hold something up. you know, providing support. Supporters need to make ruthless career decisions like auditors.

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah…we’ve heard it all before…

Doing a good job of that - like when he was prevented from coaching on his return and not allowed at the B & F.

Memories, perspective. Thats what is missing here and in AFL land generally.

Down at Richmond, there have been 2 big crises in the last 12 months. In both these crises, Damien Hardwick was under a lot of pressure, Jack Riewalt was running away and hiding. But miraculously the team started winning and all of a sudden, no pressure on the players or Hardwick.

Right now we are 4 and 7.
Last year under a triple premiership coach we were 5 and 6 at round 11.
At one stage we lost 4 games in a row in rounds 3,4,5,6 2014
All of this when we had a good ruckman, we had a good tagger, and David Myers as a big body midfielder.

So, are we THAT much worse than at round 11 last year ?

Is it impossible to turn a season around ? Ask Damien Hardwick. Theres your answer.

So you’re saying ‘it’s not that bad,’ and use Richmond as a positive example?

Yeah what he said

"Our players are men, and they will go and play like men"

I like it.

A little bit of Knighta about that cooment, who had a penchant for calling the team ‘Young Men’ at every press conference.

I’m bullish…(insert whatever you want)

Thats Knighta

Needs more dash and dare.
BIG NEWS!

James Hird, our spiritual leader of the football club, has resigned for another 10 years.

This is a win win for both parties.

Cheers,
-Lac

Two wins for each party = Four wins! Great news.

BIG NEWS!

James Hird, our spiritual leader of the football club, has resigned for another 10 years.

This is a win win for both parties.

Cheers,
-Lac

He’s been resigned to his fate all year, Blitz has informed me.
It's going to be interesting picking which new troll is damnation's new name.

Lol did you pick my last one? I think not…

go back and read my quote

Yes…I’m asking a different question.

trying to but actually relying on the subject of my sentence

lol no just a question is all.

where you wrote "one". that refers to "one" of the subject of my sentence. If you meant ask a "different question" you needed to introduce a different subject.

was your six hours spent planning a response that would make people feel bad for making fun of someone with genuine comprehension problems?

You must be a hoot at parties.

The last party I went to was the 1970 cliche of the year awards. The lifetime achievement montage they gave an out of context “you must be a hoot at parties” was really moving

Sigh! You make some very balanced and worthwhile observations about the club and football in general.
It’s just that you undo a lot of your good work by continually taking unnecessary snipes at people you (unfairly) consider yourself to be above.
Lots of people, myself included, make the odd stupid comment. If we spent all day belittling them we’d never get round to discussing football.

I don’t think I have the creative writing ability to belittle you.

where you wrote "one". that refers to "one" of the subject of my sentence. If you meant ask a "different question" you needed to introduce a different subject.

was your six hours spent planning a response that would make people feel bad for making fun of someone with genuine comprehension problems?

The last party I went to was the 1970 cliche of the year awards. The lifetime achievement montage they gave an out of context “you must be a hoot at parties” was really moving

like the cork that got the owl off dumb and dumber?

lol

I like it.

A little bit of Knighta about that cooment, who had a penchant for calling the team ‘Young Men’ at every press conference.

That young Melshkam looks a good prospect.

Bit worried about the size of his arms… maybe we better get Gerard “I’ve got a broomstick up my Rse” Healey’s opinion.

edit: swear filter has finally caught up to the Australian vernacular, dammit.

Sigh! You make some very balanced and worthwhile observations about the club and football in general.
It’s just that you undo a lot of your good work by continually taking unnecessary snipes at people you (unfairly) consider yourself to be above.
Lots of people, myself included, make the odd stupid comment. If we spent all day belittling them we’d never get round to discussing football.

Serious questions... Did Hird have a say in who the assistant coaches would be? Further, do head coaches have a choice in who their assistants and head of football department are? I wonder if due to the saga and governance issues that as a club we went away from typical AFL club convention and chose who the club felt would work well as a group without any input from James Hird. It needs to be remembered that at the time, Hird was suspended, Bomber didn't want anything to do with the footy. Maybe the club had no choice but to make the decisions that had to be made.

I recall Bomber Thompson saying that James Hard would be one of the lonely people at that club due to lack of support.
Maybe he wasn’t only talking about the saga issue, but that the coaching group don’t exactly work together as well they could.

I thought the same thing. Check out Mark Harvey he is not a happy bloke.

Saw Harves briefly in the rooms after the Freo game. He had a death stare that could outdo Medusa.

Essendon Game Plans 101: 4 questions, Time allowed 3 hrs.

Evaluate the Gameplan used by Essendon in Round 1 against Sydney by watching a replay of the first 3 quarters.
Evaluate the Gameplan used by Essendon in Round 2 against Hawthorn by watching a replay of the first 3 quarters.
Evaluate the Gameplan used by Essendon in Round 11 against West Coast by watching a replay of the first 3 quarters.

1. State whether you think the same gameplan was used in Round 1 as the one used in Round 2 and elaborate on your reasons
  2. State whether you think the game plans were successful, and elaborate on your reasons
  3. Based on your answer to Q1 what reasons do you give for any differences between the two game plans.
    4 State whether you think the gameplan has changed since round 1 and 2 and elaborate on your reasons

Such is my vanity and persistence , I am taking this step, which I know is frowned upon on forums, but I have commented on my own post.

In case you missed the meaning of this post, it goes to the folk here who criticise the Hird gameplan.
OK, I would agree that playing a game without a recognised ruckman was a mistake.
OK, I would agree that the players are playing poorly as a team and some are out of form,

But to criticise the Hird gameplan without actually knowing in detail what it is, how many variations there are in it, how it is evolving, how it responds to various changes in available players and conditions and is varied based on opposition swat analysis, is IMO ill informed .
If those criticising the gameplan do the study and can answer those questions then I will accept their criticism of the gameplan, should they wish to reiterate it.

That ought to keep some people busy for awhile.

Is there a multiple choice? Maybe a poll? I could go for that.

like the cork that got the owl off dumb and dumber?

Bullish. Not even an actual bull. Just sort of like one.

west australians…

I like it.

I’m bullish…(insert whatever you want)

Thats Knighta

With the mountain of pressure on our coach, geez he looks good in his latest presser.
Optics