Hird To Concentrate On Preparing for 2015

Crap decision. What's wrong with him helping out at training!?!?
Surely another experienced voice in the box or on the bench would help.
Good to have you back anyways Hirdy.
Hopefully he can help us land a big fish in the off season.

They said he wouldn't have a coaching role at training, didn't they? There's all sorts of people at training who don't have a coaching role. Neil Craig doesn't have a coaching role, remember?

When did Xavier Campbell become the CEO? I thought he was acting or interim CEO.

When did Xavier Campbell become the CEO? I thought he was acting or interim CEO.

Media release a bit over an hour ago.

A sensible decision. Hird would have been a distraction because of the media circus that would have ensued his return to either the coaches box or training. Though with all the attention on Hird, it may lessen the pressure on the palyers but I think common sense has prevailed.

Now lets make sure we win these last few games and get in the Finals. With a bit of luck we will get Norf first up at the G and record our first finals win since 2004. I better stop now as I think I am getting a bit ahead of myself.

For the sanity of blitzers everywhere, I discovered the best google search term for checking for Don's news.

So, in Google, under a "news" seach, sorted by date or relevance, enter ... essendon -age.

Try it, it works.

(I would have thought searching under "sorted by relevance" would eliminate all Age articles, but strangely , no. Google aint as smart as it thinks it is)

Jesus... honestly essendon missed a big golden oppotunity here....

Wait, are you suggesting that at some stage against Carlton a big stone is going to appear in the centre square, roll away, and out will stride Hird?

Impressive.

Due to the considerable interest in this matter, we think it is important to clarify this today so that everyone understands how the club is approaching the next couple of months and there is no room for confusion or speculation.” “Everyone at the Essendon Football Club looks forward to welcoming James back to the club when he returns as senior coach for the 2015 season.”                

Well said.

I hope that sinks in with certain people.

That's the thing, it won't.

All they've done is given then an extra 2 to 3 odd months to Speculate, oh Hird won't be there and thompson will stay on crap.

Wrong decision IMO, cos not only won't it stop the media speculating, or trying to derail us, it's somewhat robbing the coach of finals appearence, that surely would be invaluable to see what he needs to say and do as a coach during the week, on match day etc etc. Sure he's had finals experience as a player, but he can't pull the boots on and play for them, so it's a totally different situation you have to learn about.

Considering the whole reason Thompson was brought in at the beginning was to teach Hird, it seems odd they'd exclude him from learning finals experience as a coach.

hird took the fall for the players so they wouldn't be sanctioned and let the club move on due to his suspension

I hope this was hirds idea and not the club

if it was the club I would be very annoyed about a decision like this

Anyone actually read **** released by the EFC? or just vomit from hun/age? We've said its hird idea ffs.

Any actually read **** released by the EFC? or just vomit from hun/age? We've said its hird idea ffs.

That may well be the case but they were never going to say we don't think he should come back as he will be a distraction

Reading between lines that don't exist then.

to whomever pointed out the hangar segment where hirdy actually mooted this, bravo. 

everyone, do yourselves a favour and go back to episode one and listen to the great man. this was the plan all along.

Fair enough, probably a good idea to maintain as much continuity through the present season as possible. Plus it gives the media less to go with.

Hird won't have any direct official involvement with the team, but that presumably doesn't mean that he can't communicate with coaches and players individually or privately. It's not like he's going to be completely shut out until 2015. He'll have plenty of opportunity to ease back into things.

My concern is that Bomber has to stay at the club. Still not sure exactly what Neil Craig does?

Seriously…

What’s the big deal…

Just remember he is still suspended until August 25 (a month away) where he cannot do anything at the club. He couldn’t even turn up to the EFC Xmas party.

It’s one game against Carlton.

And people going on about ‘Hird needs finals experience in a coaches box with Bomba.’ FFS. He’s done this. Three years ago.

I’m happy for him to be focussing on the court case, go on holiday (if he chooses to) and let things be until our season is over. Then he can take over and do whatever he wants to do.

anyone else click this on this, thinking...

sweet, Hirds having a massive preseason to have a tilt at returning 15'

I love you James.

My concern is that Bomber has to stay at the club. Still not sure exactly what Neil Craig does?

He reviews the video that Bomber and the assistant coaches send out to the members after each game and summarises it into text form. This takes up most of his Monday morning and eventually the text is sent out to the members about 48 hours after they've already received the far more hilarious and informative video version. It's a very important role.

to whomever pointed out the hangar segment where hirdy actually mooted this, bravo. 

everyone, do yourselves a favour and go back to episode one and listen to the great man. this was the plan all along.

See that's the problem, it's only us and Dane Swan that watch the Hangar.

I see this an opportunity. I think we are overlooking the fact that James will now be in the unique position of offering high quality game-day insights from the comfort of his sofa, posting on Blitz his latest thoughts on Jake - forward or back -  ... or how many goal Joe Daniher kick...just like the rest of us.