Hirdy - Off ya bike!

I read one report where he was on the corner of Toorak Road and Chapel Street and fell there. Maybe balancing waiting for lights to change?

I also read a comment on twitter about the media wanting to get a hold of the go-pro he was wearing for the footage? Don’t know how much truth is in that.

UCI to charge him with bringing cycling into disrepute.

As long as he landed on something softer than Mark McVeigh’s knee he’ll be fine

Get well soon Hirdy.

For the love of God … will someone buy the guy an exercise bike!

All that time in France and no bike handling skills :confused:

I read one report where he was on the corner of Toorak Road and Chapel Street and fell there. Maybe balancing waiting for lights to change?

I also read a comment on twitter about the media wanting to get a hold of the go-pro he was wearing for the footage? Don’t know how much truth is in that.

Wet roads and tram tracks (a plenty at that intersection) are bad news.

For the love of God ................ will someone buy the guy an exercise bike!

That’s what I was thinking. The HPC has about $1mill worth of fitness equipment in it, why can’t he use that.

Okay, who did Fitzpatrick hire to sabotage his brakes?

James Hird Update

July 14, 2015 11:12 AM

Essendon senior coach James Hird has been discharged from hospital after undergoing a thorough medical assessment this morning.

James is in good spirits and will continue to rest up at home today.

The club expects James will be able to coach on Friday night but will make a decision following further assessment with Doctor Bruce Reid tomorrow.

I assume the Age has used this to compare Hird to Lance Armstrong.
Close: "James Hird, dopey but sore" http://media.theage.com.au/video-news/video-national-news/james-hird-dopey-sore-but-able-to-talk-6682956.html

I cross six sets of tram lines commuting to work, and seven on the way home… When I went on a bike tour in Lima, Peru, I found it most amusing when the guide warned us about this one no-longer-used tram line we’d encounter.

(One of my workmates broke her arm earlier this year when she messed up crossing a tram line on her bike.)

#donthehelmet

Blitz.com also seems to have suffered a similar crash last night

How did you survive?

Ben McDevitt seen leaving the scene straight after the fall.

Did James take responsibility for the accident?

Did James take responsibility for the accident?

No, he still refuses to apologise. It’s all about him!

Lesson.kids; don’t take drugs and cycle.

glad he is ok

http://media.theage.com.au/video-news/video-national-news/james-hird-dopey-sore-but-able-to-talk-6682956.html

Nice to see the pack of wolves harassing Tanya in her driveway about her sick husband while she’s trying to take the kids to school. One of the questions was “do you think he should have been riding in the rain, Tanya?”

You stay classy, media.

NEWSFLASH! James Hird fails to complete test run for Tour de France selection…however on reflection his “crashability” would fit in well with the Orica Greenedge Team!