Hobart- a nice place to visit?

My fav food memory of Hobart is going down to the docks and getting box freshly deep fried scallop for like $2.50. Was middle of scallop season which i think is over now??
Fixed
I missed the bit you changed.

Fixed.

Fixed

http://pirateisland.com.au/pages/visit-our-shopfront

Mate, I was out sailing on the Derwent the other day and thought the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  pirates were going to get me. It was close.

That boat is making pretty good progress considering all its sails are furled. Ah, for the romance of the old days of sailā€¦

My fav food memory of Hobart is going down to the docks and getting box freshly deep fried scallop for like $2.50. Some weirdo Taswegians tried to correct my spelling but I told them to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.
Fixed
I missed the bit you changed.

Fixed.

Fixed

Fixed

Great thing about Tassie is getting out of Hobart and driving around. Love Freycinet Peninsula. Got all the below from local winery, cheese maker,oyster farm and cray boat all from the same area, and for not a lot of money compared to retail ā€˜on the mainlandā€™.

The oysters came from a fridge that had an ā€˜honesty boxā€™ beside it in a shed at the farm gate. Farmer came out and said ā€˜Donā€™t take those they are from this morningā€™, and went and hand picked these from the back of some pallet that heā€™d just pulled out of the water.

http://pirateisland.com.au/pages/visit-our-shopfront

Mate, I was out sailing on the Derwent the other day and thought the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  pirates were going to get me. It was close.

That boat is making pretty good progress considering all its sails are furled. Ah, for the romance of the old days of sailā€¦

All part of the romance and skill of pirating AT.

Great thing about Tassie is getting out of Hobart and driving around. Love Freycinet Peninsula. Got all the below from local winery, cheese maker,oyster farm and cray boat all from the same area, and for not a lot of money compared to retail 'on the mainland'.

The oysters came from a fridge that had an ā€˜honesty boxā€™ beside it in a shed at the farm gate. Farmer came out and said ā€˜Donā€™t take those they are from this morningā€™, and went and hand picked these from the back of some pallet that heā€™d just pulled out of the water.

Thatā€™s one ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a doily!!!

Great thing about Tassie is getting out of Hobart and driving around. Love Freycinet Peninsula. Got all the below from local winery, cheese maker,oyster farm and cray boat all from the same area, and for not a lot of money compared to retail 'on the mainland'.

Thatā€™s one ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a doily!!!

We do doilies so well hereā€¦ You should see the one Iā€™m crocheting for 'bootā€¦ Will go beautifully with his new cardi :wink:

I did enjoy a scallop pie at the Salamanca Markets. Conceptually it was new to me but Iā€™m now a convert!

I did enjoy a scallop pie at the Salamanca Markets. Conceptually it was new to me but I'm now a convert!

I especially like the ones where they take the shells off.