Hold the Devon, down to our last Zac... The Team: NORTH MELBOURNE v ESSENDON MRVL , 4:20pm AEST Friday, April 19, 2019

Don’t like resting players, you play them despite the next clash. It’s a week by week in footy and we can’t afford to drop this game with that style of thinking.

He is integral. Hope it pays off.

Roos first come from behind win will have a bit of confidence about themselves.

From the stuff that was being said earlier, he was 50/50 for the game. Given the tight turnaround between games, I think it makes sense.

I’d like that over Langford

Like playing good kids who have X factor he is one

1 Like

Dev has sore knees. That’s why they’re resting him. Guelfi at 100% is better than Dev at 70%.

5 Likes

I’m happy side didn’t change much

Settled team is a good thing

Guelfi gives his all and will slot in well on a wing with Parish getting some more responsibility inside.

4 Likes

This just in donington now pursuing his new-found dream of being an AFL player.

Dev was angry at himself for being a soft ■■■■ against the Dees resulting in a concussion test. He’s going to be on fire against the Pies after being complaining of sore knees and getting rested.

2 Likes

If argue that Dev at 40% is better than Guelfi at 100% but it’s all subjective

1 Like

It’s gonna be a real test of character for our midfielders this game. If they can’t bring the pressure game in Devons absence Norf may get a hold of us.

I’m tipping a big defensive performance from Merrett, with Shiel to kick 3 goals.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying. But Richmond learned the hard way with Dusty in the finals that you shouldn’t do it. Have depth, will use.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I agree that you don’t t risk unfit players.
Just think Dev is chronically underrated by many

4 Likes

He’s so ■■■■■■ good. The boys have to lift the pressure to make up for his absence. Bombers by 10 goals.

2 Likes

He won our B and F last year and the blitz B and F as well and was the only Don to make the AA squad.

1 Like

Managing Dev and not rushing Joey back - club is showing a confidence in the team that we haven’t had in some time.

Dev is a big loss but hopefully the rest of our players can rise to cover his absence.

12 Likes

Smith has a history with his knees. Resting him is being sensible. We banged on about how Joey played hurt/not managed well last year. Club taking the cautious route is good to see.

22 Likes

I really hope you are right.

That we put Cale Hooker straight back in was only because he is Cale Hooker and damn near irreplaceable.

2 Likes

I’ve said it more than a few times; Woosha manages squads very well across the 22 matches.

Disappointed at missed opportunity for thread title: “DONS WANT HAM NOT DEVON”

17 Likes

No Smith?

We’re done.

3 Likes

We’re DON

1 Like