Honest question. What do we have to do to get out of our situation?

Damn shame we made finals last year, it really ■■■■■■ with a lot of people’s expectations.

6 Likes

Read somewhere else about Sydney recruiting, and whilst they don’t all make it, they never recruit players to try and turn them into something. They recruit players only that the think fits their culture and needs.

6 Likes

9 years is a long time to wait to post something like that.

9 Likes

You were expecting this sort of performance this year?

Let’s sack everyone but the man in charge of bringing in talent!

2 Likes

I think Dodoro and co. are in their last list build cycle- but the last 15 years have been utterly compromised from a list management perspective. That’s why there is some defence of his tenure. A lot of people seem to want to airbrush the saga as a closed-loop impact over a ‘time frame’ but realistically it completely torpedoed a decade of list building.

1 Like

Unfortunately, thinking on it a bit. There’s clearly a cultural issue that needs fixing.

Our culture got better when we got rid of some bad culprits in Saad and Joe, but maybe another player needs to go for the betterment of the team

Which would be fine if there was any actual development.

From where I sit just about every player has gone backwards. Some alarmingly so…

3 Likes

It was around this time last year that Shiel went down and Parish was thrown into the fray. Before you know he is picking up medals everywhere.
Shiel returns and our midfield, including Parish, is having little influence on the game.
Shiel has been playing okay but we need our midfield to be firing as a unit.
Is there something about Shiel’s positioning and role that takes something away from Parish?
I don’t go to games so are unable to see the movement around the ground. Is the midfield setup made for Shiel’s type of play? Does Parish need to be the leader of the pack?
Something seems amiss.

2 Likes

Everyone knows Dodoro should be out of a job. It won’t happen though. He has too many mates in higher places at the club

And that’s what ■■■■■ me more than anything

2 Likes

Why does Dodoro get a pass for 2004 to 2012 then? Our recruiting was clearly poor over that period.

I think the saga actually gives Dodoro some excuses, as there’s many here that think we had the list to win a premiership if it wasn’t for the saga. Our midfield was slow as hell and we didn’t have a forward line. We weren’t a true contender

Yeah, our VFLW team is currently undefeated and sitting second on the ladder with some ridiculous percentage. Instead of forgetting about that, maybe the men’s team should be seeking some guidance from them.

2 Likes

Sack Dordoro, the CEO, the captain, trade couple midget mids, retire Hurley, send them to some military marines bases in the USA an harden the ■■■■ up this soft ■■■ list

2 Likes

Wright? Hobbs? Caldwell? Guelfi? Durham? Martin?

Fire him now for his performance in 2007!

Yea I’m sure that’ll last mate

Loser culture from top to bottom. It’ll seep in sooner or later

I agree…the way the season started tells me we need change big time

Freo has done 2 rebuilds and gone past us.

Meanwhile we haven’t improved in 20 years.

3 Likes

Players going backwards as a group must be a system thing. Are the players capable of doing what is asked? Is their heart in it? Are the coaches not setting the players reasonable tasks?

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting to make finals, and that means losing more than you win. The dockers and cats games were worse than I would have hoped, the melbourne and brisbane games were a bit better, adelaide about par. I think anyone who is genuinely in “oh my god I can’t believe this is happening” mode was being wildly optimistic.

3 Likes