Hope and positive thinking

I an in no way remotely interested in footy next season. I cant be enthusiastic about a team of rejects/top up players running around. Last years nab cup was bad enough let alone a home and away season

Probably take interest on how parish/francis/tippa/eades and a few kids go. Thats about it

I can't do it.

Sorry, folks.

The only point we’ve managed the club and it’s interest worse than 2012 was in 2013. And 2014. Oh and 2015. And, most likely, 2016.
But I’m sure you’re all right, we’ll get through it, yada yada yada.

■■■■ em. The club, from the top down, is not not willing to fight. I can’t help them with that. And I’m not going to line up behind them and cop it, year on year.

The club wants the fans to be strong because the club knows it is spineless and ■■■■ weak.

We have had chances to stand up and be counted but it’s only been Hird, Reid and the fans who have bothered to stand up for the club.

chances the AFl don’t let us have the no1 pick at the draft…anyone?

F this season, it’s going to be an absolute joke to watch. Jobe, Stanton, Hooker, Hocking are all heading towards the end of there careers, right now is when we need them more then ever, even if they are even still contracted by 2017 we should trade them and do a full rebuild from the bottom, none of this refreshing the list bulldust. The fact they are not even allowed at the club to mentor the young kids is beyond ridiculous. I cannot gain any positivity what so ever, the only way i’ll even get close to watching a game is too see the new young guns and TIPPA. . WADA & ASADA can go get F*****

Blow me, footy can ■■■■ right off

chances the AFl don't let us have the no1 pick at the draft....anyone?

We will get #1 pick

Blow me, footy can ■■■■ right off
I an in no way remotely interested in footy next season. I cant be enthusiastic about a team of rejects/top up players running around. Last years nab cup was bad enough let alone a home and away season

Probably take interest on how parish/francis/tippa/eades and a few kids go. Thats about it

I will be ever thankful for any “top up” player who comes to Essendon in our time of need. They will have my respect, and my support each week. They will now be bomber players for life.

I will at least take some interest in the kids. It’s all about the kiddies now for me.

I’m buying my family membership tomorrow.

Duck the AFL. Farck WADA. F@rk CAS. And screw you with a pineapple Dank.

Go the (baby) Dons.

The good side of all this… Blood some kids early and hopefully get more high draft picks while also Hopefully beating some of these prick supporter sides like the blues / pies and north. I can take anyone’s but ■■■■ clubs like north and even Melbourne

So we’re getting Brian Lake and Crowley right??

If we beat Fark Carlton home and away, and steal Anzac Day, ill chalk 2016 as a win…

We will beat Carlton in one of the two games and wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Melbourne.

And thank fark for St Kilda and Melbourne taking the Jakes last year. I can’t wait to call out drug cheats at Carlisle, Crameri and Ryder. #justjoking :slight_smile:

Will someone please get a countdown timer going on the front page of this site?

Onwards and farken upwards.

24 hrs on and still feel sick about it. What a disgrace by all involved (including club etc etc) that it has come to this. However here are the reasons why I believe losing these guys can be a positive:
Watson hasn’t been at his best for several years and he is in the last 2 years of his career irrespective, so better that we find his replacement now rather than later. Chance for Hams to justify his contract extension and perhaps a chance for Gleeson to finally move into the middle with impact.

Stanton turns 30 this year and, according to some, is also in his last years. This will be a great chance for Stantonbashers to prove exactly how much we don’t need this stat chaser in the team.

Hibberd was dismal for much of last year as it appeared the shine had rubbed off this magic lamp. A classic warrior, and should be seen again, but we have an abundance of HB flankers that need to see more game time anyway in Gleeson, Ashby et al.

Hocking has been unavailable for much of the past two years and looked a touch behind the pace of modern AFL. Also the traditional ‘tagger’ role has diminished in the past two seasons. As such there is considerable debate as to whether he was a best 22 player anyway.

Pears was lucky to survive the list culling last season and has probably missed the boat with Francis now slated to play the 3rd tall/medium defender role long term.

TBell is being bemoaned as a huge loss, but perhaps some need to look at the hype surrounding this bloke last preseason. TBC produced some truly awful footy in 2015 and some questioned why he was re-signed rather than shipped off. Luey and Smack should more than cover the loss of this well dressed goof.

Myers is all class but has spent more time off the park that on it for his career. The team is so used to playing without him, I hardly think we will notice that he is not there. Laverde is primed to take the ‘big bodied midfielder’ role anyway so all good.

Howlett has been a warrior for our club but the guy was depth at best this season. Many have suggested that we won’t be pushing deep into finals with guys like Howlett considered best 22. A handy bonus is that Kommer comes back this season to play the nagging defensive half forward role.

Colyer set the world on fire at the start of last season with some run and dash but it was the first time he showed that kind of form for his career. Before that brief glimpse there were more doubters than believers for Travis and maybe for good reason. Disposal is suspect and is prone to turnovers and poor decision making. Without his leg speed it should also make it clear to the coaches exactly what kind of player we need to recruit next season.

Hurley is a gun, champion and the man we have come to trust playing in defence however has always struggled with injuries. It won’t be that hard to pretend his absence is due to surgery rather than corruption and the 12 months might be a good chance for him to clear up all those shoulder niggles for good. This year off might extend his career by 2-3 down the track.

Hooker became a superstar last year after several very good seasons but let us not forget that he was going to be moved forward this season and might have bombed badly anyway (see Hurley/Carlisle experiment) so at least he is saved from that humiliation. This is a great chance for Ambrose and Langford to show why we don’t need an AA defender to come and help up front next season.

Heppell is an out and out champion BUT has played a lot of games already in his young career by virtue of his grace. Was reportedly carrying a little bit of OP and potentially some other niggles and the end of last year and start of preseason. This season could be the refresher that his body needs rather than being forced to ‘manage’ him again this season. Also gives guys like Edwards, Zerrett, Jerrett, Parish and Zaka a chance to show why they can make/take the next step.

Finally the best part is that we will get the number 1 pick to help recover from this mess. That should see us able to pick up another midfield gun to replace our aging stars.

24 hrs on and still feel sick about it. What a disgrace by all involved (including club etc etc) that it has come to this. However here are the reasons why I believe losing these guys can be a positive: Watson hasn't been at his best for several years and he is in the last 2 years of his career irrespective, so better that we find his replacement now rather than later. Chance for Hams to justify his contract extension and perhaps a chance for Gleeson to finally move into the middle with impact.

Stanton turns 30 this year and, according to some, is also in his last years. This will be a great chance for Stantonbashers to prove exactly how much we don’t need this stat chaser in the team.

Hibberd was dismal for much of last year as it appeared the shine had rubbed off this magic lamp. A classic warrior, and should be seen again, but we have an abundance of HB flankers that need to see more game time anyway in Gleeson, Ashby et al.

Hocking has been unavailable for much of the past two years and looked a touch behind the pace of modern AFL. Also the traditional ‘tagger’ role has diminished in the past two seasons. As such there is considerable debate as to whether he was a best 22 player anyway.

Pears was lucky to survive the list culling last season and has probably missed the boat with Francis now slated to play the 3rd tall/medium defender role long term.

TBell is being bemoaned as a huge loss, but perhaps some need to look at the hype surrounding this bloke last preseason. TBC produced some truly awful footy in 2015 and some questioned why he was re-signed rather than shipped off. Luey and Smack should more than cover the loss of this well dressed goof.

Myers is all class but has spent more time off the park that on it for his career. The team is so used to playing without him, I hardly think we will notice that he is not there. Laverde is primed to take the ‘big bodied midfielder’ role anyway so all good.

Howlett has been a warrior for our club but the guy was depth at best this season. Many have suggested that we won’t be pushing deep into finals with guys like Howlett considered best 22. A handy bonus is that Kommer comes back this season to play the nagging defensive half forward role.

Colyer set the world on fire at the start of last season with some run and dash but it was the first time he showed that kind of form for his career. Before that brief glimpse there were more doubters than believers for Travis and maybe for good reason. Disposal is suspect and is prone to turnovers and poor decision making. Without his leg speed it should also make it clear to the coaches exactly what kind of player we need to recruit next season.

Hurley is a gun, champion and the man we have come to trust playing in defence however has always struggled with injuries. It won’t be that hard to pretend his absence is due to surgery rather than corruption and the 12 months might be a good chance for him to clear up all those shoulder niggles for good. This year off might extend his career by 2-3 down the track.

Hooker became a superstar last year after several very good seasons but let us not forget that he was going to be moved forward this season and might have bombed badly anyway (see Hurley/Carlisle experiment) so at least he is saved from that humiliation. This is a great chance for Ambrose and Langford to show why we don’t need an AA defender to come and help up front next season.

Heppell is an out and out champion BUT has played a lot of games already in his young career by virtue of his grace. Was reportedly carrying a little bit of OP and potentially some other niggles and the end of last year and start of preseason. This season could be the refresher that his body needs rather than being forced to ‘manage’ him again this season. Also gives guys like Edwards, Zerrett, Jerrett, Parish and Zaka a chance to show why they can make/take the next step.

Finally the best part is that we will get the number 1 pick to help recover from this mess. That should see us able to pick up another midfield gun to replace our aging stars.

Out of the 12 who will realistically come back and not ask to be traded/sign contract extension (Hooker) ?

I mean Hooker could be lured to go play for Freo on big money… gets to go home etc (that would mean we would most likely get band 1 compo wouldn’t it?)

I can't do it.

Sorry, folks.

The only point we’ve managed the club and it’s interest worse than 2012 was in 2013. And 2014. Oh and 2015. And, most likely, 2016.

■■■■ em. The club, from the top down, is not not willing to fight. I can’t help them with that. And I’m not going to line up behind them and cop it, year on year.

What would you have us do as of 9am this morning?

I dunno.
Just ■■■■■■■ angry.
I can't do it.

Sorry, folks.

What would you have us do as of 9am this morning?

I dunno.
Just ■■■■■■■ angry.

Ops normal then?

24 hrs on and still feel sick about it. What a disgrace by all involved (including club etc etc) that it has come to this. However here are the reasons why I believe losing these guys can be a positive: Watson hasn't been at his best for several years and he is in the last 2 years of his career irrespective, so better that we find his replacement now rather than later. Chance for Hams to justify his contract extension and perhaps a chance for Gleeson to finally move into the middle with impact.

Out of the 12 who will realistically come back and not ask to be traded/sign contract extension (Hooker) ?

I mean Hooker could be lured to go play for Freo on big money… gets to go home etc (that would mean we would most likely get band 1 compo wouldn’t it?)

That is the great unknown really but I see at least 4 that are highly unlikely to be playing in the red and black again - Watson, Hocking, Pears, Howlett.

I think Hurley, Hibberd and Myers will stay, Stanton probably gets another year if he wants to (not sure any other clubs would want him for one season).

Hooker and Heppell could do anything and that scares me.

I think guys like TBC and Coyler will look for opportunities elsewhere and are (reportedly) not likely to return.

Will be very interesting to see how it pans out, but that is why I wouldn’t be using too many top up/older players and instead we should focus on our best 22 moving forward without these 12 because there is a high likely, imho, that we only get 3-4 of them back at most next year.

That is the great unknown really but I see at least 4 that are highly unlikely to be playing in the red and black again - Watson, Hocking, Pears, Howlett.

I think Hurley, Hibberd and Myers will stay, Stanton probably gets another year if he wants to (not sure any other clubs would want him for one season).

Hooker and Heppell could do anything and that scares me.

I think guys like TBC and Coyler will look for opportunities elsewhere and are (reportedly) not likely to return.

Will be very interesting to see how it pans out, but that is why I wouldn’t be using too many top up/older players and instead we should focus on our best 22 moving forward without these 12 because there is a high likely, imho, that we only get 3-4 of them back at most next year.

Why in particular those guys?

I’d think we’d almost certainly be re-contracting Howlett, Hocking and anyone else who’ll re-sign out of the 12.