Hope and positive thinking

Guaranteed top 2 pick.

With no disrespect to our fallen Diggers, does the simple fact we are gonna be sending out young kids on Anzac Day to try & win an un-winnable battle seem a little ironic

How would we feel if they sue the club for a truck load of money then re sign ? Or do a paddy? Interested in thoughts either way

@JD06 thanks for giving me hope

How would we feel if they sue the club for a truck load of money then re sign ? Or do a paddy? Interested in thoughts either way

Im comfortable either way.

Fark this noise, I’m joining ISIS!!! Who’s with me???

I’d have no problem if they sued the club and re signed. Didn’t the aflpa already say that they would seek a settlement however (which would be much better PR wise).

Im comfortable either way.

CAS satisfied that should say.

Over 40K in members… keep it up Bomber family. The only way to bounce back is to stick true and hold our heads high.

Fark this noise, I'm joining ISIS!!! Who's with me???

FBI searches “Bomber” “Blitz” “ISIS”

At least I should have less reason to be angry when watching us lose this season.

The upcoming heat and pressure of 2016 will create a few young diamonds.

I imagine this is what it must have felt like to be a Fitzroy supporter, watching your club disappear. You wake up one morning and your club is dead. For me that’s what it feels like right now, the club has had its soul snuffed out. I guess at some stage in the next 10 years we can become a solid, competitive club again but it will never be the same, not for me.
My family has always been staunch Essendon, to even think of barracking for another club was taboo. I was so proud to be a Bomber. My father used to say to me and my brothers “aren’t you glad I made you barrack for the bombers” How do I make my kids follow in our family tradition and open them to ridicule? These are dark days my friends I feel the melancholy seeping into my core. Cant even go to the ■■■■■■ reserves and watch us run around.

Pretty hard to find positives from this ■■■■■■■■■■■. I don’t want to give up football, I need it, I’m on blitz every day,I go to the footy every week, talk about it everyday. Yet how can that now continue? I think I have got through the last 3 years being fed from a burning anger. I didn’t take any ■■■■, I was happy to confront any ■■■■■■■ on the issue because simply I was better read than them and could articulate points they struggled to combat. Im not angry anymore I’m just deflated, I am limp acceptance.

They have robbed me of the pleasure I have always taken from supporting my club but I don’t know who they "they"are anymore - Dank, Weapon, Thompson, Hird, Robson, Corcoran, AFL, the media, ASADA, WADA, CAS.

I blame them all. The Bastards.

There aren’t really any positives in this, it’s ■■■■■, but it will only rip the soul out of the place if we let it.

Buy your membership, go to games, celebrate goals, yell at the umpires, let Carlton know that we’re still better than them.

If we support the players and the club, their performance will be so much better.

This is still Essendon, it’s just a new generation of Essendon. Get on board now so you can say you were there at the start.

I imagine this is what it must have felt like to be a Fitzroy supporter, watching your club disappear. You wake up one morning and your club is dead. For me that's what it feels like right now, the club has had its soul snuffed out. I guess at some stage in the next 10 years we can become a solid, competitive club again but it will never be the same, not for me. My family has always been staunch Essendon, to even think of barracking for another club was taboo. I was so proud to be a Bomber. My father used to say to me and my brothers "aren't you glad I made you barrack for the bombers" How do I make my kids follow in our family tradition and open them to ridicule? These are dark days my friends I feel the melancholy seeping into my core. Cant even go to the ■■■■■■ reserves and watch us run around.

Pretty hard to find positives from this ■■■■■■■■■■■. I don’t want to give up football, I need it, I’m on blitz every day,I go to the footy every week, talk about it everyday. Yet how can that now continue? I think I have got through the last 3 years being fed from a burning anger. I didn’t take any ■■■■, I was happy to confront any ■■■■■■■ on the issue because simply I was better read than them and could articulate points they struggled to combat. Im not angry anymore I’m just deflated, I am limp acceptance.

They have robbed me of the pleasure I have always taken from supporting my club but I don’t know who they "they"are anymore - Dank, Weapon, Thompson, Hird, Robson, Corcoran, AFL, the media, ASADA, WADA, CAS.

I blame them all. The Bastards.

Well I fully understand how you feel, Sugar Winton. For the first time in my 45 years of following Essendon I have been considering dropping AFL altogether. I imagine myself going to games and thinking “What am I really cheering for here?” I feel like I’ve been robbed of something. It’s a hollow, gutted kind of feeling.

But I will give it all another chance. I would love to say I feel confident that the club will turn it all around, that the amateurish management efforts we have seen will never happen again. But I can’t. I hate feeling helpless so I have put up my hand to be a volunteer at the club, even if it’s just putting out witch’s hats. I just can’t sit back and watch the club I have followed all this time disintegrate as it seems to be doing now.

Positives: playing the young players should fast track their development and toughen them up. Some risk that repeated floggings might scar them, but in the circumstances think that’s unlikely. In any case, think we’ll be more competitive than many think.

We should also be well positioned for a high draft pick, which won’t hurt.

Theoretically that means that when the banned players returned we’ll have a seasoned and very hungry team ready to take the park. on paper it will be a formidable outfit, and with the saga finally behind them (!?) the team should be ready for lift-off.

That’s the theory. I think much of that will hold true, the variable is the players returning to the team - who, and how many? We’re bound to lose some.

I think the AFL will bend over backwards to assist. What that will mean in practical terms I don’t know, but hopefully it includes some incentives to return to the playing field for Essendon when the ban expires. What’s important now is support for those players. The terms of the ban limit that in terms of the club, but they have to make the right noises. Worsfold is an important figure in that context. The rest is up to us, the supporters. Stick fat, stay vocal, give them our loyalty and support.

Positives: playing the young players should fast track their development and toughen them up. Some risk that repeated floggings might scar them, but in the circumstances think that's unlikely. In any case, think we'll be more competitive than many think.

We should also be well positioned for a high draft pick, which won’t hurt.

Theoretically that means that when the banned players returned we’ll have a seasoned and very hungry team ready to take the park. on paper it will be a formidable outfit, and with the saga finally behind them (!?) the team should be ready for lift-off.

That’s the theory. I think much of that will hold true, the variable is the players returning to the team - who, and how many? We’re bound to lose some.

I think the AFL will bend over backwards to assist. What that will mean in practical terms I don’t know, but hopefully it includes some incentives to return to the playing field for Essendon when the ban expires. What’s important now is support for those players. The terms of the ban limit that in terms of the club, but they have to make the right noises. Worsfold is an important figure in that context. The rest is up to us, the supporters. Stick fat, stay vocal, give them our loyalty and support.

I think the AFL will do a few things to help. Some of the options being.

• helping persuade all the players we want to stay
  • adding in some extra marketing dollars to cover some of those who loose cash and help retention
  • Being generous with picks (priority pick probably end of first round or second) into the next draft, two bottom 4 years can make us qualify especially if we get retirements
  • Being generous with the fixture to help us climb a little faster
  • helping find a coach/facilities outside the club to keep the players fit and firing for preseason
  • providing the players with temporary work in 16 away from footy to help them make up some $$

That’s all I can think of for now, but I would expect most you would never hear about.

We can always hope the players we lose give us pick 2 free agent compensation

Oh and judging by Gil the Dill's comments in media over the last 24hrs.. I think the AFL will be pretty keen to get EFC back competitive quickly.. there is no way that AFL wanted this outcome at all. They really did think it was all done and dusted with their penalties etc etc.

The positive being that we should get a good ‘draw’ next year… and no risk of losing draft picks etc etc. I would even be going to the AFL and asking for a compo pick in this years draft. Sounds like the AFL want this to rebound pretty quickly to save attendance/viewers.

I’m not a big fan of the AFL… but we are going to need all the help we can get both on and off the field to recover.

I wouldn't be counting on that as gospel. Gillon has a habit of saying what people want to hear, its the follow through that's more important. He is NOT called the smiling assassin for nothing.

There just wasn’t a big enough broom for this mess.

Just don’t ■■■■■■■ finish last. Second last is fine