Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

His case was further strengthened at Octoberā€™s draft combine by recording the ninth-best time in the agility run and elite results in the 20m sprint (2.98sec) and beep tests (level 14.6).

Youā€™re making me sad.

Yeah, BD, I can read.
Some people just have different opinions on the meaning of the word ā€˜elite.ā€™

2 Likes

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2014.htm

Less than 100 tested.
Equal eighth (three players) in the 20m ran 2.93 against Langfordā€™s 2.98.
Equal tenth (two players) ran 14.12 in the beep test against Langfordā€™s 14.6.

Describing either of those results as elite in that context isā€¦generous.

1 Like

Themā€™s elite stats for the ruck division, so thereā€™s that.

Yes ā€¦mongrel just like Hawks, West Coast & Cats.

Needs to shave head and beard and get arm tatts.

He is not a mid. He is a forward

3 Likes

They are trying to turn him into a mid because we lack a couple. Hope they know what they are doing!!! With his size, movement and ability to clunk a mark out in front he could be the perfect floating 3rd tall. I could be wrong though

3 Likes

Why would you use him as a 3rd tall when Stewie is just starting to prove his worth?

I just donā€™t think heā€™s a midfielder. I like the look of a forward line of Joe, Hooker, Stewart, Raz Walla and Langford

When they drafted him they had him in mind for a midfield role.

Thatā€™s cool. Iā€™m a big fan of the guy

1 Like

When he first arrived he was very good at finding space in the forward 50, good speed off the mark and excellent hands. I do think weā€™ve stifled those strengths a bit as he learns the new role and heavier playing weight.

Fingers crossed that its worth it at the other end. But the kid is literally still only 20 years old and very talented.

3 Likes

Bumpā€¦ Any news on Matt Kennedy?

Twomey wrote an article and said he could be worth an ā€˜earlyā€™ second rounder. Does 28 count as early?

Iā€™d be ok with giving up 11 and 28 for Stringer and Kennedy

3 Likes

Bam Bam. Bam Bam Bam.

1 Like

Then maybe they should have drafted a midfielder?

Yep, do both in the first hour of trade week(s) then hit the pub. Done.

1 Like