Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

Almost certainly, but potentially not this year.

Saints and Carlton are the only sides that could do it for this year right?

Tigers, saints and lions. Saints have the hawksā€™, brisbane have portā€™s and tigers have geelongā€™s. The blues briefly had geelongā€™s 1st rounder but then traded it to gws who on-traded it to richmond.

Trading Kelly to get their pick back lol. ā– ā– ā– ā–  trading is a cluster ā– ā– ā– ā– 

I spoke to a mate recently who is an assistant coach for one of the TAC clubs and he said that the rumours are that Carlton are majorly keen on Rayner. So much so that they may try to sneak into pick one or trade into it. The saints are apparently looking to bundle their first rounders to trade into the top 3 also. If this is true and their priorities, then it sounds less likely that either will trade for Kelly or that they know already that kelly is staying at GWS.

2 Likes

Both academy kids that went first rd, Hopper could of been gone earlier if he wasnt academy, what makes you think that Gws would throw a 2nd rd selection back our way ?

If anything we would have to sweeten the deal.

1 Like

Lol at GWS giving anything back. Iā€™d be surprised if 2017 and 2018 first rounders would even be enough for both

4 Likes

If we could get both for only 2017 &2018 first rounders we should sign that quick and run like bandits.

4 Likes

And whatever else needs to be given for a bag a chips in return.

1 Like

Itā€™d take our 2xfirst rounders for 1 player. Kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d give up 1 first rounder for Kennedy. One first rounder would definitely get Hopper done.

2 Likes

Ridiculous

Geez gone are the days when teams swapped players for players. Straight swap.
Hopper for Jerrett.
Kennedy for Gleeson.

Fixed

I want your googs

1 Like

1 contested possession for Hopper last night. Just saying.

Kennedy is a plodder I reckon

2 Likes

Yep I said in the non essington games thread that Iā€™d rather persist with The Langford and go to the draft than chase either of these guys

Look at gws midfield. It forces Greene to be a small forward. You think a 2nd year player with an injury history is going to demand a spot?

2 Likes

With a full GWS list I donā€™t think Kennedy gets a game and Hopper is a fringe player - I realise heā€™s young, but I believe they project Setterfield as being a best 22 inside mid in the future.

I think Hopper would be a really good addition to our midfield, but I donā€™t think we need both.
Hopper and Kelly would be nice.

Heā€™s a 190cm pick 5 inside midfielder, Iā€™d hope he was projected as a best 22 inside midfielder. For that matter Iā€™d guess they also project the two second year first round players in Hopper and Kennedy as future best 22 midfielders.

2 Likes