House Hunting

The real estate agents in my town are so greedy. They knock on your door telling u they can sell ya house now if u want. Got someone ready to go. With no sale sign, not on the market. Just fat greedy low life’s filling up there pockets an trying to move city people in. They really are just untrustworthy low life’s

2 Likes

It is quite easy to just ignore them. Even when purchasing a house, just stick to your guns and ignore what they say.

1 Like

Sales are very strong where I live. Record prices for renovated joints and developers all over anything that’s not. The demographic has changed dramatically along with the price rises, I even saw two people jogging in their active wear this morning and passed dozens of blokes in lycra on bikes on my way to work.

I’m hoping the prices in Caulfield North hold out for another month at least. We auction my folks’ place on Nov 17. Pretty much a knockdown though. Would probably take $500-600K to renovate. Big block, very close to trams, bus, parkland. Close to corner of Kooyong and Balaclava.

Righto update for anyone slightly interested. I put in an offer at 27 over the offers above price. They took it as first offer and I signed a contract. Agents rung up and said there’s multiple offers which basically means one person has made another offer. Obviously I don’t know what that figure is but the agents given me a couple of hours to decide, which I thought was a bit pushy.
If there’s anyone from tassie that knows what the higher end of the maket is doing (my offer is over 1/2 mill) I want to know what the likelihood is of being trumped or just above listed above price.
You have 2 hours to determine my life.

1 Like

The agent always says there is another offer. Did he specify what the other offer was at?

Edit, just saw you said you don’t know.

I’d ask the agent to confirm what the other offer is at before you do anything. Eventually they’ll cave and give you the information you want. Just push for it, get what you need and go from there.

1 Like

So this is your friends house.

If it was a friend of mine and I wanted the house, I would ask them to let me make the final offer, would mean they get the best price and you get to decide if you can afford it.

1 Like

He said he’d go to jail if he told me. Srs

She was told not to talk to us but I didn’t realise. Left her a message earlier and the missus is wild with me.
I’ve left a message with the agent to give him our final offer.
Here goes nothing…

Best of luck @Sameolds2010

3 Likes

Please join me in the tenterhooks.
Where I’ve shat myself…

1 Like

The agents first name is Carlton by the way

1 Like

Well Fark Carlton, … and the Beamer he drove up in, …

1 Like

That’s all I was thinking when he introduced himself- fk Carlton. Im not prepared to go that far for a house however.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s how it works. He’s just bulshitting you to extract some more $$$$$ out of you.

1 Like

You must have asked him how the Fresh Prince was though surely?

Impossible to resist.

1 Like

Someone might find this interesting…NAB Economics posts these Corelogic summaries each month:

If you click on your state, you can watch a brief video of the latest Corelogic data.

Actually still going up in my area. And clearing very very fast.

Friendships have been lost over far less money than is at stake here. Big call to bank on it.

1 Like

Tried to get a house around Boronia/Croydon way and it was a nightmare. Nothing around 400K that we liked and what we did lile was considerably more expensive.

A mate and his wife and son bought a townhouse off the plan in Croydon North and had to pay 550K. Sooo many defects like the rangehood, wonky wall and tiling in the bathroom. I could put my arm in a hole in the exterior brick work that was randered (sp?)

Its pokey and the street is practically full of units and townhouses so trying to navigate the cars that parked on the road is chaos.

Nowadays it’s best to buy further out. We built a house about 50mins from the city in the south east suburbs (Officer) for 480K. House is how we like it. Yard is a bit smaller than we like but it’s close to shops, Medical center, school and train station.

If we could get bigger, I would love to live in Drouin.

1 Like