House of Dragons - please blur spoilers

Am with you on that, I am enjoying it for what it is.

I want more dragons though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember where I read it but it does tie in a bit with what you read.

ā€˜It was suggesting that Aerysā€™ famous last words ā€˜burn them allā€™ to (or at least near) Robert Baratheon wasnā€™t about Kingā€™s Landing at all, but rather the white walkers.ā€™

Yep, and the green stuff (what was it called ?) had been stored under the Red Keep/Kings Landing for the arrival of the war with the white walkers so they could use it in their defence and burn them off.

2 Likes

Uber tedious

The rushing really showed in that last episode.

Yay! A battle! Againstā€¦some guy. That weā€™ve spent no time with and have no personal feelings about.
And apparently only a few things have happened that matter in Three Years.

2 Likes

yep moving 2-3 years in one episode felt way too quickly At least all the major houses have been introduced a bit now

Iā€™ll keep watching, but I ainā€™t counting the days between episodes.

2 Likes

I have only watched the 1st 2 episodes, canā€™t seem to get into it so have decided to wait until the season is finished then watch the lot.

Four episodes in and I think Iā€™m doneā€¦itā€™s just as boring as batshitā€¦nothing seems to happen.

Iā€™m sure it suffers by me comparing it to GoT but that where it got itā€™s start from so I think the comparisons are both fair and inevitable.

Iā€™ve been watching it with my daughter but have told her to keep watching it (with her mother) and to let me know if it improves.

1 Like

Well, I like it.
Not GoT like it, but I still like it, and itā€™s definitely not as boring as batshit.

4 Likes

I think Iā€™ll reserve my right to disagreeā€¦Iā€™m happy that youā€™re enjoying it but it just isnā€™t working for me.

1 Like

The pacing is bizarre, like the people writing have never read a good fantasy book, or watched a decent show/movie.

1 Like

iā€™m also enjoying itā€¦has the political battles that were missing badly from the last season and a half of GOT. It has a fair bit of setting up to do but good thus far,Enjoying the Hightower character

2 Likes

Is it just me or does the king look like the Night King?

Episode 4 was good as it slowed right down again :joy:

glad the hand got the sack

Another underwhelming episode.

1 Like

Disagree. That episode laid out a political minefield.

4 Likes

I agree. I thought it was the best of the season.

Thought the first two were a bit meh, the third a bit less meh, but I have quite enjoyed the last two.

10 year time jump and 2 main character actors changed to reflect age. Making it really hard for viewers to be engaged.

yep too far a time jumpā€¦again.

The King looks a bit cooked