How do we fix the forward line?

We could do what the Hawks did tonight against Richmond. Not play anybody in the forward line over 5"10’.

Two words

“Mason Redman”*

(a dominate midfield, forward separation, precises passing, and attacking back line would also help. Car’n DONS!)*

We could do what the Hawks did tonight against Richmond. Not play anybody in the forward line over 5"10'.

Yeah…but Richmond’s backline without model boy is ****

We have 6 months to recruit.
Nothing else we have will fix this.

Trade for or draft a forward. Need a crumbing red headed turd, and a big bodied forward that has some pace.

F: Baguley Jenkins* Crameri*
HF: Laverde Daniher Colyer

F: Baguley Jenkins* Crameri* HF: Laverde Daniher Colyer

Brown?

What’s all this Crameri talk ?

He’s nearly 28, turns 29 next season, and will cost us over 400k per season.
It’s a nice thought, but nah.

All we need is a couple of good talls, a couple of crumbers and a couple of flankers.

I'd just tell Daniher to not go beyond the 50m line. Have him patrolling it with Fanta and Redman and instruct them to crumb. One in front and and one behind. Take them on 1 on 1.

Is BJ involved?

What's all this Crameri talk ?

He’s nearly 28, turns 29 next season, and will cost us over 400k per season.
It’s a nice thought, but nah.

Ah, Memories of the days when our leading goal kicker kicked more than 30 goals a season.

I'd just tell Daniher to not go beyond the 50m line. Have him patrolling it with Fanta and Redman and instruct them to crumb. One in front and and one behind. Take them on 1 on 1.

Is BJ involved?

Yep. From 69 out.

Is Patton out of contract?

Has another year I think but might be one that gets squeezed out due to salary cap.

I like that Edwards has been playing some defense in twos, as I love how he moves, and like Hird said, he can do things others cant. If he can get manic he only needs 10 touches a game to rattle defenders. mercurial, and maybe a 100 games forward kicking 30-40 a year. Got talent, just work ethic to be better

More I50s = more goals. More delivery from the midfield will fix our forward line problem.

1. Buy every Essendon player a puppy. 2. Let them bond with said puppy. 3. Learn new tactics and strategies to create space. 4. Teach players to kick to leading player's advantage. 5. Before game take all puppies to an unkown location. 6. Any player who fails item 3 or item 4 attends unkown location as part of post-match warm down. 7. Use imagination here, but it involves a lot of fur and ends with not a lot of puppies 8. Repeat as necessary

YOU MONSTER!

We score 60 points a game.
We want 120 points a game
Demand all players double their efforts.

8 quarters of footy each week may sound tough but whatever it takes. (Stants and paddy are good at running)

1. Buy every Essendon player a puppy. 2. Let them bond with said puppy. 3. Learn new tactics and strategies to create space. 4. Teach players to kick to leading player's advantage. 5. Before game take all puppies to an unkown location. 6. Any player who fails item 3 or item 4 attends unkown location as part of post-match warm down. 7. Use imagination here, but it involves a lot of fur and ends with not a lot of puppies 8. Repeat as necessary

Unsullied!

1. Draft or trade for a proper forward.
  1. Remove Skipworth and replace him with some one who’s played as a forward in his footy career.

This is the current EFC link to Skipworth’s bio under the Team/Coaches

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/team/profiles/coaches/vfl-coach---hayden-skipworth

BIO
The former Adelaide and Essendon player will again take charge of the club’s VFL team. Played 44 games for the Crows (2001-06) and 11 with Essendon (2009). He is highly regarded at the club for his work with the development group.

Skipworth spent a considerable amount of time working as an assistant coach with the senior side in 2015.

I think this is some sort of indication of how much planning that went into choosing our forward coach this year, looking at the other bios they planned for Egan to be defensive coach again, Harvey to be senior Assistant, McKenna being Midfield as advertised, with (as above) Skipworth going back to the VFL. It seems apparent that whatever plans they had for a forward coach didn’t come off for either recruitment or financial reasons and Skipworth was what was left over after Egan was given the VFL role.

Other than Hooker being pushed forward, we haven’t really lost any forwards to suspension, so if anything we have more options than last year with our top ups including Stokes and Grimley and our new players including Brown, Eades and Redman as well as the developing players in Fantasia, Langford, Laverde, McKenna and various utility players like Walla, Francis, Parish and Morgan.

The only rationale I can think of for Skipworth as forward coach is that it is a development project and he is designated as a development coach. God knows somehow he is the only surviving coach from the Knights era, so you would think he must be rated to some degree other than the fact he hasn’t found a job elsewhere, like most of the other departures.

Looking at the coaching panels of other clubs:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-news/afl-coaching-panel-2016-every-clubs-assistant-senior-coaches-for-next-season/news-story/c26bdf15910dd939a7fc9011871e8e8e
I would be going for Blake Caracella for our next forward coach if at all possible. Not only does he have the Bombers connection, was a forward in our last premiership, he is currently an assistant with Geelong who have the highest percentage of any club, and according to the Geelong website he is credited with getting Tom Hawkins to All Australian forward status.
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/football/coaches
Having been a smaller forward, I suspect that would help him understand modern forward play, and although understanding of the role of big forwards (a la Hawkins, Cloke, etc.) he would understand how to make a forward line work better than most.

Unleash the chequebook and bring him in.

You could get the greatest forward line coach of all time and our plebs will still stink it up. Its 100% the personnel. Brown looks pretty good and joe is a roaming chf. The rest? Get games into eades asap but apart from that, we need to trade hard and aggressive for two decent forwards