How do we fix the forward line?

Bring in uncle Terry

REDMAN

Momentum

How to fix the forward line?

Actually put some players there would be a good start.

What about that Grimley mark. looked like the defender was holding him.
then he managed to hold defender out and pluck it single handed.
On replay Grimley had defenders jumper, so ump would probably play a free kick against if they saw it from a different angle.

Joe doesn’t get free kicks, because he doesn’t accentuate the contact.
he should go to the Lloyd/Jetta school.

If Joe lead at the ball and delivery was lace out, he should mark it arms outstretched most times anyway.
We definitely need a good small forward who is fast, dangerous crumbing and can lead directly at the ball to take multiple defenders off Joe.
Browns cameo kicking goals last week was good.

2016 EFC Goal kickers List
Joe Daniher 7 avg 1.16
Mitch Brown 6 avg 1
Zach Merrett 4
Orazio Fantasia 4
Kommer 3 avg 1.5 per game
Grimley 3 avg 1.5 per game
Langford 3
Zaharakis 3
Parish 3

we need these guys stationed forward more.
Daniher & Brown fighting for EFC leading goal kicker is good.
Zach Merrett and Fantasia will be a chance if they get left up forward more too

Its disappointing that Grimley and kommer don’t get involved in the game much more as we need goal kickers.

my proposal
HF Zerrett Daniher Langford
F Fantasia Brown Parish

Yes all the smalls are mids, but they are all talented and can hit the scoreboard. and can learn forward play together.

I think a great idea would be to teach the other players to position themselves when the high kick comes in, between the pack and the fifty. The ball should NEVER get over the back, so position yourself to read it off the spoil. Let’s be honest, our forwards aren’t going to mark it, so try to read the punch.

It happened consistently yesterday and on Anzac day, when the ball hit the deck there were 20 opposition players and none of our own.

We are the complete opposite of front runners.

AFL corruption won't let us fix it. Ever see anyone get held like Joe does? He'd kick 600 goals a year f he played for Hawks.

■■■■ Gil

Both Lloyd and Carey were held like that

We actually have the forwards. All we need is a Forward Coach. ■■■■ off Fatso.

If Uncle Terry can’t do it, get Scotty in.

Do the thing we were doing when we were consistently kicking winning scores back in 2013?

This method wouldn’t work with our current players. It was based around the “keys” being mobile and strong, and at worst breaking even in contests even when outnumbered, with the play directed boundary side so that if it was neutralized it became a throw in. From there we set up defensively and held it in until we scored.

With the players we currently have we don’t have the same defensive ability and strength.

I am sick to death of the boys bombing it long to Joey D with 2 to 3 defenders on him, if we are going to do this we actually need another big bodied forward (Sorry, I don’t classify Mitch Brown as a big body more of a swingman) and a genuine crumber at all times. We also need to spread more in transition to the forward line when we have the ball then actually fkn present leads.

TIPPA

my proposal
HF Zerrett Daniher Langford
F Fantasia Brown Parish

Yes all the smalls are mids, but they are all talented and can hit the scoreboard. and can learn forward play together.

I don’t hate this.
I don’t think anything will work against Sydney, but if the weather is as dodgy as they predict and you throw Bird into the middle…

there is a glitz in the system… deja vu… “i feel like we’ve been here before… quick get out!!!”

Essendon forward strategy

Recruit players that have played back their whole entire career (Hurley, Aaron Francis), recruit forwards like Mason Redman, Shaun Mckernan and play them in the VFL or are predominantly back line players (Carlisle, Hooker) and throw them in a forward line.

=

what we have now.

Part 1) Get Blake Caracella back as forward coach.
Part 2) Do what he says
Part 3) Fark carlton

Maybe the forward line is working just fine but your eyes are rooted?

Maybe the forward line is working just fine but your eyes are rooted?

A bit cockeyed?

It’s not our forward line it’s our execution up the ground. Skill errors and bad decisions mean we keep coughing it up if we rush it forward, or we chip it around and the opposition gets back in numbers.

I’d get joey up the ground more where he can run at the ball more and we’re not relying on him kicking for goal. Give him one wing and brown the other. Grimley deep surrounded by small quicks, get him to crash packs and get the smalls at the foot of the pack.

Adelaide’s forward line seems to be working pretty well. See if we can throw some cash at them to get a forward.

Wait for 2017. In: C. Hooker.

Hard for defenders to double team Joe when Cale is in there as well.

Wait for 2017. In: C. Hooker.

Hard for defenders to double team Joe when Cale is in there as well.

then we end up having the same problem. Another top defender who is having to play forward. It hurts our backline. Hooker is better served to the team in defence. We need to trade for a forward