How will you react to our next success?

Bit of light off-season discussion for you.

Having never really seen an Essendon flag - barely remember 2000 - I keep finding myself wondering what it would be like. I’ve heard a lot of talk from the oldies around the traps about the outpouring of emotion after '84 after a average 15 years, but I’d hazard a guess and say the next one, whenever it comes, will be our sweetest of all time.

I can’t imagine how my nerves would be leading into even week 2 of the finals let alone a prelim or the big dance. As for game day all I can imagine is Judas Ryders one handed mark, snap from 45 and goal and the ensuing pandemonium x10. There will be tears and lots of hugging randoms I’m sure.

Anyway, interested to know how those of you who have been there before and those who haven’t envision it all going next time around. Whenever that may be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWohgsNAhc

Like the 3rd guy on stage here?

You’re going to be that high? Impressive.

such is life mate

I still can’t believe our new coach was involved with that team… and WE have governance issues… FFS

Back in 2000 I went to every game I possibly could. After the disappointment of 99 and the run of wins we had in 2000 I wanted to live every moment, every minute we played. Funnily enough, one of the few games I did miss was the game against the Bulldogs.

As to the GF, it was over at half time. I knew it, and I just sat back and soaked it up. It was ■■■■■■ fantastic sitting up in the stands knowing we were going to raise the cup. After the game we filed down to the tennis centre where a function was on. I reckon we sang the club song about 50 times. John Barnes got the biggest roar from us in there when he got on stage, he’d been in losing grand finals with Geelong and finally got one and celebrated in style.

When we get there again I’ll do the same, live every moment of it I can. Only difference is this time I’ll do it with my kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWohgsNAhc

Like the 3rd guy on stage here?

You’re going to be that high? Impressive.

such is life mate

After the past few years I’d make Mike Brown riots in America look like a minutes silence.

My communication with my friends will be something along the lines of:

Drunkest man alive has a good theme to it…will take the Monday off work and have my own silly Sunday and mad Monday

Weekend at REVS

Splooge

Let’s see. I’m in my 30s now, so I guess when we win our next flag I’ll probably be all

I cried on and off for an hour or so after we beat Hawthorn in Round 2, so huge was the relief. So that’s just a gauge of how I’d be after a flag.

My communication with my friends will be something along the lines of:

WHERES LIKE

I’m pretty much a ■■■■ to other supporters as it is.

I shudder to think how bad I’d be if there was some on-field success to back that up with…

Unfortunately, I would likely to be long gone.

Not to mention, if mankind would be here long enough for that to happen.

will gumb

I will scream TIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I’d probably just change the channel.

I’ll reserve my excitement until the AFL ratifies our GF win.

The Simpsons gifs are an accurate interpretation of my reaction.