How will you react to our next success?

I’ll just complain about how footy’s changed.

To be honest i have no idea. I will either go complete full retard,or just sit in silence with a massive smile on my face(almost in a state of shock) just soaking it all in never wanting the moment to end.

I don’t think i would stop smiling for months.

It’s something I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry about.

I’ll be seething with rage about how the cheating maggots nearly robbed us of a flag rather than enjoying the win.

I haven’t cared about footy the way I did in my ‘youthful years’ back in the 90s.
Even our 2000 win wasn’t overly celebrated as much as the 1993 win. It was more of a relief that we won after the season.
For me, it’s all about the journey. The 1993 and 2000 grand finals were great, but I prefer watching some of the games during the season and the seasons leading up to it.

I find as I grow older that sport becomes entertainment rather than anything else. The only sport that I actually love watching more than I did back in the 90s is NFL.

I'll reserve my excitement until the AFL ratifies our GF win.

You would upgrade the server first. A sad lonely celebration that would be.

Depends if we win it in a droopy sash.

I’ll probably leave early to beat the traffic.

Being a 33 year old I’ll celebrate with a new hip and a letter from the queen.

I cried on and off for an hour or so after we beat Hawthorn in Round 2, so huge was the relief. So that's just a gauge of how I'd be after a flag.

The woman who was sitting next to me at the game hugged me in front of her hawthorn barracking partner, she was that relieved. If I’d been sitting next to her and we won the flag, I can only imagine what would have happened…

Wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t care by then unfortunately.

I'll probably leave early to beat the traffic.

LOL

Premise of thread assumes we will be successful again. Flawed logic.

I think i’m with YT. Riot plus burn down the mcg just so there’s no more footy after our next one.

maybe spary paint afl house red and black as a silent protest.

Straight after the lap of honour I will first switch off my hearing aid, then switch off my pacemaker, then switch off my kidney dialysis machine, then switch off my iron lung and then finally switch off my life support machine and then die prematurely and peacefully with a smile on my face…as I would’ve had a good life living to the grand old age of 127 and thinking that life couldn’t get any better than this.

This. So this.

Being 53, I think I’ve had my run of success sadly. Can’t see us ever being a force like we once were in my lifetime. Middle of the road is the best I can hope for.