How would you feel about changing forum software, again

I’m sure my family would like the change…if it means blitz will be down for a day or two I might talk to them more

My vote is a comprehensive “no”, unless it makes it significantly easier to manage for you Rolo.

In response to the benefits:
Live threads probably only cool feature but what’s a refresh every 60 seconds? Plus it would make Caddyfest threads a bit more unmanageable IMO.
Never used search.
Likes work fine
Like notifications would be terrible considering how outrageously popular all my posts are.
Quotes work fine.

And most importantly, I love the look of Blitz atm - that one looks terrible (I know you’d tinker)

go for it, dislike current software.

Yeah, has anyone found a site using that software that doesn’t look much worse than this one?

Troll us with a draft day changeover.

My vote is a comprehensive "no", unless it makes it significantly easier to manage for you Rolo.

In response to the benefits:
Live threads probably only cool feature but what’s a refresh every 60 seconds? Plus it would make Caddyfest threads a bit more unmanageable IMO.
Never used search.
Likes work fine
Like notifications would be terrible considering how outrageously popular all my posts are.
Quotes work fine.

And most importantly, I love the look of Blitz atm - that one looks terrible (I know you’d tinker)

I think this is a sign that it has to be done Rolo

Why not use vBulletin? Very simple, easy, attractive interface. I think the current version is 4.2.2

Find one and stick to it, nerd boy.

Why not use vBulletin? Very simple, easy, attractive interface. I think the current version is 4.2.2

I reckon it looks putrid and bares all the legacy of old forum software. I want that new new.

I like the way it looks — it goes with my EB Falcon.

New new brings a whole host of teething problems with it, as we found out on introduction of the current software; and usually a shipload of useful features get lost in the changeover, as well.

But it’s your site, and you’re the IT professional — if you reckon the changeover (or “upgrade”) is worth the hassle, then go for it.

I apppreciate you ask, If it were me, I’d just change it and let people deal with it.

Do it.

For freaks sake.

• Backups have been increasing in size
  • Backups have begun filling the server (to capacity!)
  • Database craps itself when the disk is full
  • Spent half of today just getting MySQL to restart
  • Host’s support was entirely unhelpful
  • We’re moving forum software, even though the forum software is not at fault

Did we ever establish whether the hiding of nested quotes (which stops most people* from trimming, ever) contributed significantly to bloating out the database/backup size?

• I’m a weirdo, sometimes I trim even when it’s never going to be seen regardless.

PHPBB

Did we ever establish whether the hiding of nested quotes (which stops most people* from trimming, ever) contributed significantly to bloating out the database/backup size?
  • I’m a weirdo, sometimes I trim even when it’s never going to be seen regardless.

Hiding nested quotes is just a nicer UI thing. Way better than scrolling through endless pages of the same quote over and over.

Make BomberBlitz Great Again

Hiding nested quotes is just a nicer UI thing. Way better than scrolling through endless pages of the same quote over and over.
Like Trump, Riolio fails to answer the question put to him!

(I agree it’s a decent UI decision, given we know people are lazy.)

Like Trump, Riolio fails to answer the question put to him!

(I agree it’s a decent UI decision, given we know people are lazy.)

I only make big league UI decisions.

Bomberblitz is the best website.

The database is huge.

Do it