Hypothetical only trade discussions and ruminations

■■■■ no

1 Like

Are people still discussing Joey out after seeing Smack and Brown ■■■■ the bed?

Joe Daniher is by far and way our best and most important player, he’s so far in front of 2nd it isn’t even funny. He’s the only big game player on our list. (I suspect Francis and Andy are in this convo as well but need more proof)

If he asks to leave well ■■■■.

3 Likes

Pay overs for Ben Cunnington, he can transform our midfield.

Would instantly make Merrett, McGrath and Shiel better players, he always has 3 blokes hanging off him and he still gets the ball out.

1 Like

If you look across the season there are a number of challenges outside personnel availability as we’ve tried to implement a new/more defensive minded game style. Our challenge has been to maintain our ability to score/score quickly whilst balancing team defence.

One of the subsets of that challenge that I see is player capability to deliver the game plan. Traditionally we’ve been easy to score against with teams who do two things:

1. Apply heat/pressure around the ball
  2. Spread well/quickly.

Our deficiencies are highlighted here :slight_smile:

• harder/stronger bodies with the ability to affect the contest (particularly midfield)

• players with aerobic capacity and disposal efficiency

Take the WCE game:

• FIVE West Coast players had more repeat sprint efforts than our number 1 repeat effort player

• As a TEAM they had more than 30% greater total sprint efforts than us

• They also had the top FIVE players for maximum speed

****AND WE ARE MEANT TO BE A QUICK TEAM!

Throw in our disposal efficiency - we had 20% MORE TURNOVERS than them and many were unpressured.

Needs:

• Improve DE and/or find players with strong DE

• Improve fitness base. Looks like already in play by moving on JC

• Develop/trade for stronger bodies particularly around the contest. FFS could anyone stick a tackle the other night…???

Re Disposal efficiency and Kicking efficiency:

Here’s some fringe players of interest because we aren’t going to get Mitch Duncan/Lachie Neal types . As reference, BOTH these players have 550+ disposals with a DE of 75 or greater. We have four players with a DE of 71 or above: LANGFORD! (73.9), ZAKA (74.6), DYLAN CLARKE FFS! (74.7) and WILL SNELLING (off a small sample base admittedly) - 78.8.

Blake Acres: 191cm, 90kg mid. 300+ disposals at a DE of 77.3
Luke Davies-Uniacke: 188cm Mid. 208 Disposals at a DE of 79.8 and KE of 70.6
Brandon Ellis (can understand why we were in the mix): 439 disposals at a DE of 76.5 and a KE of 74.2
Bailey Smith (gun in the making): 390 disposals at 76.7 DE and 40% Contest Possession Ratio
Jarrod Berry - 193cm, 89Kg Mid. 75.9 DE amd 67.2 KE with a nearly 40% CPR also
Jordan Dawson - 192cm, 86Kg mid. 376 Disposals at 74.7 DE and 72.3 KE. In the Elite category for Mark averages and above average for Kick averages

Outside of that group in general positions:

Harry Cunningham: 184 Disposals at 82.1 DE and 79.3 KE
Jarrod Linert - as a 195cm Defender. 147 disposals at a DE of 81 and KE of 78.3
Luke Ryan - 369 Possessions at 81 DE, 80.6DE and CPR of 36.9

SOme mostly fringe but strong DE and KE which is lacking. There are other players with a slightly higher DE and or KE but they either have a small sample size of games/disposals or out of our reach…

Next onto fitness.tank/spread…!!

5 Likes

Long to goldcoast for pick 1 + 2 after the afl grant the priority pick. Long signed for 4 years on 800k and be in the leadership group.

1 Like

We then ontrade picks 1 and 2 for paddy ■■■■■■■ ryder.
LID OFF

1 Like

All below is purely for fun (I do NOT want to trade Joe). But…

Out: Daniher (ess)
In: Rnd 1 pick 2019 (syd) + Rnd 1 pick 2020 (Syd) + Knott (steak knives backup ruck)

Out: Max BEN King (suns) + Jack Martin (suns)
In: Rnd 1 pick 2019 (syd) + Rnd 1 pick 2020 (Syd) + Langford

Out: Fantasia + Rnd 2 pick 2019 (ess)
In: Wines (port)

Max King replaces Daniher
Langford is upgraded to Wines
Martin plays wing (zaka replacement).
Laverde stays and played in Fantasias role.
Knott replaces Zlarke

We still have a round 2 pick in 2019 and a round 1 pick in 2020 in the wrap up.

4 Likes

Good post!

I also think some of the DE issues are as a result of our game plan - where our HF pushes up into the midfield and their opponents don’t follow and and stay in our F50. The result, like Thursday night, means we are kicking long (often without looking e.g. Heppell and Saad in Q1 and Laverde early in Q2) straight to a couple of defenders over and over again. It’s not only DE per se that then goes down but it means we invariably win the “turnover” stat - like we have most games this year and are burnt on the re-bound as the opposition easily transitions the ball back to their F50 by utilising their initial 1-2 spares to play checkers over and around our players.

1 Like

Still running with it…anyone else getting a bit worried?

no.

5 Likes

Geez stkilda will be dirty if we get MAX KING for nothing. And BEN KING still stays at Gold Coast

1 Like

Anything to screw StKilda over I say…

whoops :blush:

Another one that Surprises me but I guess @Aceman would see more of this guy;

Hugh Greenwood. No.1 in the AFL for Contested Possession rate - 64.1. 70.3 DE also.

Surprisingly also - our boy Brayden Sier No.6 in the AFL for CPR at 56.3.

Cam Ellis Yolmen running at 51.7 CPR and just under 70 DE.

No wonder (if the rumours of the Tulla tour is correct) that we’re looking at Ed Langon. No 13 in the AFL for meters gained - 1 ahead of Zerrett and a DE of 70.2

1 Like

Isn’t that the same one that said Woosha was sacked last night.

JD for Grundy. Our midfield would turn into the top 3 in the competition because he is the best ruck and also a great rover!

Laverde and Zaka plus our second round for Finlayson.

I think a ruck is more important that a bull mid, because our options are worst in the league how can you expect our midfielders to perform at all.

Also left field but Heppell I don’t think he is captain material, he has been injured…I’ve said I don’t think he is captain material rather Merrett any day or even Smith. What could we get? As everyone is talking hypos and captains

McClure is a virus and you’re spreading it.

2 Likes

Problem with making up sh*t trade rumors and these 100 fake trade inside accounts is that people always remember the one time they get one right and treat them as gods, and everyone conveniently forgets the other 100 they make up that turn out wrong. Usually these trolls don’t like being called out on it too.

1 Like

It’s gaining momentum!

I despise this line, like people actually believe there is stuff going on behind the scenes 24/7 and people are in this state of flux the n their decision.

It makes no difference who we get.

Bontempelli would turn into a fumbling, turn over culprit at Essendon.

It doesn’t matter who we get, we’ll end up destroying their career.

2 Likes