“I can't believe it's the team” thread

Gold medal young man

1 Like

If its really wet I reckon he will come in.

The logic re limited change (my guess) is that thowing multiple kids in will just lead to more losses.

Its a teamwide issue.

We need to start winning.

1 Like

…and McKernan was like-for-like. “We don’t really have another young, developing key forward on the list at this stage.”

Perhaps that’s because we’ve had Shaun ■■■■■■■ McKernan on the list for four ■■■■■■■ years.

6 Likes

Me too if she was across the table

David Myers reaction to woosha after team selection
imagehttps://giphy.com/gifs/chelsea-david-luiz-roberto-di-matteo-3o7TKFNZv2S9lOIqtO

1 Like

youse guys are a mile behind - this was the most predictable selection of the season.

Of course the senior players would be backed in, ‘they’ know their coaching or football department careers are on the line and are so desperate for this win that there is way they would risk it with kids.

This is nothing to do with the best thing for the club - the extension of woosha and subsequent fall out may set us back a long, long time. Huge pressure on the board to nip this in the bud sooner rather than later, if they could see the forrest for the trees.

Problem is, the CEO was a horrible appointment and, good luck to the guy, but he is someone fallen out of an ar$e and now sees himself on the senior executive/CEO career path. A total crumbling would be terrible for his future endeavors.

Make no mistake, many at the club would be dying to finish a 'respectable; 10-12th etc. Their careers beyond EFC literally depend on it.

Doing the best thing for the club is not in their interest. We have no leadership…no hope.

It is gonna be ■■■■■■ hard to lose to this Carlton team, but I have the feeling we are going to give it a shake.

2 Likes

Our tanking strategy is brilliant

Every other side gets scrutiny for playing the kids ahead of senior players. We doing the opposite for a better effect.

And also don’t have senior coach responsible for divising the game plan so it axe falls on someone else.

10 Likes

i hear ya, but take em with the points surely.

They are absolutely, mind-boggingly bad! Gonna take an effort to get rolled.

Hi John. Meet Adrian, he’s our list manager. When you have needs for certain player types, he can help you out. There’s an annual event called trade period, where you trade players from your own team, Essendon, to other teams in return for players from those teams. You can even involve more than two teams, we like to call that a MULTI TRADE. There’s also this other fancy night called the draft, where you can select a multitude of players from all over the country, hell even the world. You know those under 25 kids who seem to attend training and play for our VFL team, yeah, they came from the draft. Amazing, really. John, are you ok?

3 Likes

Winning this game is just the tonic EFC needs, success is contagious. Woosha and the boys haven’t quite given up on the season so patience with the more senior players for at least another week is the go.
Lang, Clarke etc will get a game very soon.

3 Likes

The messaging from EFC is abysmal. I have no interest in lies and rubbish.
The injury reporting is a joke. The only reason we know about McGrath is because of the reporters. Our injury wrap by Crow is deceitful at best.
The after match interviews with coach and captain about standards etc are also a waste. Need for changes are mentioned because it’s what we want to hear, not because it’s what they are going to do.
I hear about women’s football, wheelchair football, Esports, the 1993 Premiership because it’s all fluffy news. It has nothing to do with the core business.

3 Likes

If you watch that for long enough, it looks like she’s saying Guelfi.

1 Like

We’d still pick this kind of 22 if we were 2-19 into the last round

1 Like

I didn’t.

I dont know what take with the points means

1 Like

Christ, and all this time I thought you were merely trolling. Now I’m starting to think you actually mean it…

3 Likes

Fark that. Beat Carlscum then we tank. But yes, where are the kids?

I was hoping for 5-6 changes

Then I saw the alternatives…

Wouldn’t have selected Smack though

the line - carlton are +17.5 and IMO that is the bet.

Expecting a horrible, low scoring encounter in front of 43K.

I don’t understand the hate around this team?

It’s a game we should win…and being at 2-5 theoretically it keeps our season alive if we win.

So the changes are like for like and it’s a team named to win the game.

5 Likes