I want to be V. D. Sucks again

It's been 48 hours or so since you requested a name change and still no progress.

They're mocking you.

They're not the first.

So if I know that everything I know is wrong, does that mean everything is actually right?

I know that is a rhetorical question and you were being a smarty pants but I will give it a straight answer anyway.

You have been lied to all your life. From the moment you emerged from your mother's womb. You are lied to every day.

The whole system of government, education, dogmatic, blinkered science and religion is based on deception, to keep you from knowing what is really going on. You are chained in a cave looking at shadows on the cave wall thinking the shadows are what's really going on in the world, not knowing there's a whole different reality outside the cave that you've never seen. You are as free as a goldfish in a glass tank filled with fake rocks and seaweed and underwater castles. You can swim from one end of the tank to the other, in and out of the little fake castles and objects. Your owners have made the tank to give you the impression of freedom. But you're a total slave. The whole of humanity is enslaved. But people are finding out. Lots of people.

I'm aware of all this, Plato's cave etc. the concept of freedom as a means of control. What's the answer though Vinnie, what's the answer? This "knowledge" is itself already institutionalised - subsumed into the idea that you have the freedom to think beyond the limits of thought that has been imposed on you. Your freedom to think along these lines is already a cave in itself. No? 

To be honest I don't quite get what you are saying, Zim.

But if it helps here is a passage from a book I just finished reading:-

"Finally, we have the 'Empire Strikes Back' outcome. In this case, the evil doers are exposed and intelligently combated. They are divested of power and not permitted to continue troubling humanity. Psychologically empowered men and women are promoted to positions of authority and petty old divisions and allegiances are laid aside. Man realizes that he is morally responsible for the evil in the world. By not correctly dealing with his toxic emotions he has fed and nurtured the parasites that have debilitated him. He does what it takes to remedy his existential situation and, as a result, evil perishes."

My apologies to the author whose name I have not divulged at this point in time. Maybe later.

WELCOME BACK!!  It's been kind of boring without you!

VD what does the word ASADA  mean to you?

If anything?

Well that question is out of the blue. You put the question in a personal way so I will give you a personal answer. I hope that's what you want.

I think Asada is just another of these government bodies trying to justify their budget by making headlines!

I do not think our poor old Bombers will come out of this smelling like roses but I believe the way this was handled by Asada and the AFL was a dramatic performance worthy of a Shakespearean play! An utter disgrace especially by Demetriou who understandably had to fall on his sword although he would never admit that.

I DETEST the way the whole saga has been handled by Asada, the AFL and the media. A sad and sorry time for all of us but I think we'll get through it and be a stronger club for the experience.

He didn't fall on his sword, he was "quietly retired".

What's in a name?

letters

So if I know that everything I know is wrong, does that mean everything is actually right?

I know that is a rhetorical question and you were being a smarty pants but I will give it a straight answer anyway.

You have been lied to all your life. From the moment you emerged from your mother's womb. You are lied to every day.

The whole system of government, education, dogmatic, blinkered science and religion is based on deception, to keep you from knowing what is really going on. You are chained in a cave looking at shadows on the cave wall thinking the shadows are what's really going on in the world, not knowing there's a whole different reality outside the cave that you've never seen. You are as free as a goldfish in a glass tank filled with fake rocks and seaweed and underwater castles. You can swim from one end of the tank to the other, in and out of the little fake castles and objects. Your owners have made the tank to give you the impression of freedom. But you're a total slave. The whole of humanity is enslaved. But people are finding out. Lots of people.

Vintage VD. Exactly as I remember him.

Anyway we should also resurrect the classic threads of BB.

I'm thinking the Advice King, the religion thread (VD used to love that thing... I think it was him).

The entirety of the Hot Chick Thread (TM) should also be recovered. It's historic FFS.

What's in a name?

Ask the carbon tax.

What's in a name?

Ask the carbon tax.

Excellent point seeing as it's actually a carbon dioxide tax.  ;)  

No it isn

What’s in a name?

Ask the carbon tax.
Excellent point seeing as it’s actually a carbon dioxide tax.  :wink:
No it isn‘t. Others that count include methane, nitrous oxide and hydrofluorocarbons.

And it's a cap and trade system. 

It's more like a permit than a tax.

Carbon dioxide is the one they're worried about. You know that one that makes thing grow.

You got your name back yet or what?

No mate. Are they mocking me? They've promised me the world and given me sweet F A.

(matrixgeek has a sense of humour - I hope)  :P

Vinnie, we can get you access to your VD Sucks account again if you want. We ill have to kill the Vinnie D account though.

And, six days later.....

Vinnie, we can get you access to your VD Sucks account again if you want. We ill have to kill the Vinnie D account though.

And, six days later.....

Write to the footy forum ombudsman.

They're waiting for the NSA to approve the name change.

Can I say something very respectfully, incoming?

You're not really that funny.  :unsure: 

Usually when you ask a question you wait for an answer, or, make it a statement about what you're about to do.

Just to be clear - I don't care whether you think I'm funny or not. My posts aren't for your amusement.

Usually when you ask a question you wait for an answer, or, make it a statement about what you're about to do.

Just to be clear - I don't care whether you think I'm funny or not. My posts aren't for your amusement.

That's good because if they were you would be failing miserably. Do you really get off on these vacuous responses of yours? I'm curious.because most people have an inner voice telling them to aim higher, to do things better. It's very unusual when someone is at such a low plane not to get these urgings to move to a higher place. Unless of course they have stifled their inner voice. I hope you haven't done that as that would be sad.

Seriously Vinnie it's not me that's sad. Just look at what you just wrote.