"Iconic" sash is now a wheat husk

Is anyone really surprised?

Will look awsome if we win.

I just take it all with a grain of grain nowadays…

6 Likes

Remember when Cadbury released the Vegemite chocolate? I do and my first thought was that it’ll be in NQR stores inside 4 months.

Wouldn’t care if the club peddled us ■■■■ that looked good instead we get some wank bullshit that a marketing student got a HD over but the real world doesn’t give a ■■■■ about.

Is anyone really surprised?

Yes and no.

Yes; that we had to re-design the sash, and no; that it was so horribly done.

I think we’ve all reconciled with the fact that the sash isn’t really iconic anymore, and that it is merely a design feature on the jumper so we can tell us apart from other clubs, but surely they could come up with something so non contrived as a wheat husk. Um well, no…they can’t.

Clearly not thinking of our gluten intollerant supporters.

9 Likes

I’m hearing a lot of derision on the chosen design as an emblem denoting the “Country” slash Farmers, . and yet oddly, no suggestions of what they might have used instead, … hmmmm. So blitz.

Legit,

I have a droopy sash Samsung jumper
I have the first anzac day jumper when people were ■■■■■■■■ about the poppies
I have the first grey clash strip
I have a yellow banded cancer round jumper

but the jewel in my collection and the one that is a rare, is I have the indigenous round jumper that would have been worn by Shaun Edwards, had he actually played the game with his number (club produced so he must have been close) where I was arguing with everyone that he should, signed by the man himself.

All i need is the seatbelt jumper and the fat sash clash strip and I will feel like I have completed the set.

4 Likes

Our fkg sash?

pin a fkg strand of wheat to the jumper.

1 Like

A pitch fork.

3 Likes

sow that again.

6 Likes

Here’s an idea, it might not go down well with the blind marketers our club employs, but leave it alone.

Simples.

1 Like

Cut the crop okay!

2 Likes

The problem is they’re screwing with the jumper but not completely. Tradition is dead, go all out.

Indeed, I for one am excited to see what they come up with next

I’m not. It’ll just be more clipart like every other design so far.

1 Like

@Catherine_Lio get Rolo on the next one

I want gradients and drop shadows

3 Likes

Could they have just put a head with a hat on it on the top at the shoulder, so the sash then is just signifying a neck??

You slickers need to bone up on your wheat. That’s not a husk. It’s a head.

Only Blitz would go full outrage when presented with unexpected head

5 Likes