"Iconic" sash is now a wheat husk

New jumpers are a revenue source for the club. EPL clubs cottoned onto this long ago and it was always going to happen here. At least we’re only doing it for “events”. That said, too many rounds are now “events”. Any chance we can get back to the game being the event?

1 Like

It’ll be a one off anyway as the country game won’t take off.

Geelong fans don’t turn up in big numbers and we’re still ordinary plus no rivalry.

Atleast with dreamtime you can always look forward to it as both teams put on a clinic of ■■■■ so you’re always a chance to win and there’s also rivalry.

2 Likes

Don’t agree, looks crap.
By a few bob I’d guess $5k-$10k tops.
If the club is desperate for that kind of money I’d rather memberships be increased by 15 cents each, that’s $12k in the coffers and we wouldn’t have to create tacky guernseys like this

2 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty catchy!

I don’t mind modifying the jumper to celebrate the occasion but surely we can do better than that.

Can’t wait until next year when we recognise sheep farmers

1 Like

A pair of scissors?

DON. THE. SASH. (wheat, oats, canola, chick-peas, wellies, kelpie, cows, sheep, steers, tractor, quad-bike)

Something about our roots…

Go all retro with some woollen (woolly) jumpers you reckon??

I like.

3 Likes

Make the jumpers out of wheat.

3 Likes

We should have a finals winning jumper. Guaranteed to be a collectors edition.

Me too! Thought it was the kiwi game.

Looks ■■■■■■ ordinary.

First the football department gave us the SAGA, then the players gave us the Melbourne game - now the Marketing department give us this.

Never change Essington

2 Likes

is that you jake?

FFS.

This is the reason we need to get back to winning games of football.

Who gives a flying fark about the odd themed jumper?

FFS.

1 Like

#WheatEverItTakes

20 Likes

Ewe really had to ram it home didn’t ya?

2 Likes

The game has moved on from the ‘one jumper’ concept and I don’t like it but can live with it. I also have no trouble with the club trying to make a few bucks.

When they came out with the poppy design, I liked it. It created a revenue stream but also looked good. I love the dreamtime jumper representing different groups and the history that goes with it. That means something and most of them have looked stunning.

The seat belt was neither here nor there for me because once the players were running around you could barely notice the difference.

Then they went and designed that grey jumpsuit and I almost died. That was the lowest point. Then we reached the wheat. That is surely a joke?! Had to check official sources to make sure it was a “May Fools Day” joke. Reckon it is an insult to country people too… I thought country day was about educating city folk about what modern regional australia looks like and how it needs to be supported? At yet we are sticking a weird looking piece of chaff on our chest?

Rant Over and Hope they sell exactly one of them (to Benfti) and never repeat the exercise again.

2 Likes