"Iconic" sash is now a wheat husk

There are lots of Italians in Essendon, we should have a jumper with a bowl of pasta.
Seriously, the club is farking farked.

1 Like

Farking farked? Not sure they’ve bottomed out quite yet.

1 Like

May aswell do it properly and put Bundy stickers all over the guernsey, hang CAT mudflaps all around the fence and wire the siren up to play la cucharacha

4 Likes

A line of meth

1 Like

I was in the “horse has bolted” camp: once we wore a seat-belt all was lost. But this has changed my mind. Don the husk? The club should go back to the old rule from the constitution.

Call me crazy, but here’s how I would do it.

The AFL will force us to wear a clash guernsey, well here’s my solution: wear the standard jumper inside-out:

• The jumper on the inside is white, so works as a clash guernsey. :white_check_mark:
  • Player numbers, sponsorship etc.? Just iron/print them to the inside too. :white_check_mark:
  • We are still technically wearing a black guernsey with a red sash, satisfying the constitution. :white_check_mark:
  • We are refusing to participate in the AFL mandated money-grab (including using ANZAC Day as an opportunity to fill the coffers, which makes me sick). :white_check_mark:
4 Likes

Our clash jumper should just be South Melbourne’s jumper but that’d make too much sense.

3 Likes

Don the Head?

Don’t like any of these “special” jumpers, that includes the ANZAC one. Completely unnecessary.

3 Likes

Depending on results of the next few games the Bye Week jumper will feature either a lid going on or a lid popping off

2 Likes

You know what would solve the complaining about themed jumpers? Not being a part of so many themed games. ■■■■ needs to stop. I know we get it because of Sheedy, but we’ve reached the point instantly where there’s little excitement to this game because we already hang for Anzac and indigenous games. If they’re such worthy initiatives make them rounds, each team pushes the theme, and scrap the forced jumpers.

2 Likes

Divine Brown Round?

2 Likes

nah,
this is half time entertainment.

7 Likes

Lol. What was he doing?

I know it’s tongue in cheek by why put down our young work experience kids…they could never come up with that tripe.

1 Like

Robson started this garbage with the seat-belt jumper. He was good enough to ring me to defend the cause in response to an email I sent protesting that abomination, but as I expressed and feared, once you change it initially the door is open to all manner of dumb outcomes.

9 Likes

I thought we were keeping that idea for the Italian Round.

2 Likes

Mind you a “Pizza By The Metre” sash might have gone better.

2 Likes

And then when we play the swans away…

Yep. Same thing happened to me with David Evans and the first “Grey Nurse”. Like Robson he was good enough to ring me, but the floodgates were well and truly opened.

Novelty jumpers. Who would have thought after 130+ years of tradition. Can’t wait for chilli round.

3 Likes

domaura’s Bltz’s IDEAS MAN!

1 Like