If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

Lol the AFL say its ok because when the umpires asked nicely for him to stop he did.

Next week the umpires will start asking ā€œplease stop pushing him in the backā€.

1 Like

Farce of a competition.

I hope it goes the way of the footy show.

I legitimately think my life would be better without footy.

22 Likes

Rules clearly state that the behaviour is illegal. The illegal behaviour was not identified and therefore not penalised in accordance with the rules. Whilst the effect on the outcome is annoying, it is not particularly relevant to the fact that it should have been identifed and penalised. I see no reason why the club would not seek an explanation from the AFL / umpires.

3 Likes

We can walk and chew at the same time, you know?
No ones saying we donā€™t have big internal problems as a club to solve.
Totally seperate issues.
A game we we didnā€™t deserve to win decided by a very clear non decision. Why not pursue it? How do you know it wonā€™t happen again?

1 Like

Said it before and ill say it again. Jump on the Victory train my friend. Win tomorrow night and Iā€™m off to a 7th Grand Final next week.

1 Like

I want warnings for every single free kick now. Please stop holding in the ruck, ok you stopped play on.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve got a tattoo of this Muppet club. Iā€™m stuck with them.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-bizarre-dane-rampe-postsiren-goalpost-shake-ticked-off-by-league/news-story/50e2bc84f2e50e901a4d3c17b5d43f49

AFL approved.

Iā€™ll send you some roses to smell!!!

No. We were putrid and didnt deserve to be close enough to win it. This will achieve nothing and will distract us from the real issue-our club is a rabble and needs to be rebuilt. How about they focus on that.

To what end? The result cant be changed. The AFL will drop an umpire. The closest field umpire most likely.

In my soccer game next week im going to start hacking shins and hope i dont get a red card because Iā€™ll stop when the ref asks me nicely not to do it.

If the gutless worsfold and club wasnā€™t prepared to call out the umpires after Anzac Day they certainly arenā€™t going to call out this

We are a nice incompetent club run by nice incompetent people

3 Likes

Are we going to make signs for the protest? What will we say? What rhymes with Rampe?

Or do we have to go with the standard ā€œhey hey, ho ho, non-free kicks for shaking the post have gotta goā€

1 Like

I think we should certainly be protesting the fact that this incident appears to provide proof that the umpires either donā€™t know the rules, or are not prepared to enforce them. This isnā€™t a black and white rule. There is no discretion.
Thatā€™s what we should be protesting.

Then we should sack the entire coaching panel and let the team self coach :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I am not a happy clapper but i do not agree with so many comments on Blitz saying we did not deserve to win. Fact is we should have, by the rules of the game received the free kick and given that we less than one goal at that time we would have converted the free kick at the top of the square and won the game. Its is a clear rule, no mention of umpires interpretation. Reality is, as with the Collingwood game if the correct calls were made then we would now be 5 - 3 and still in the game at a time when we have 4 tall forward / rucking options sitting out due to injury / soreness.

7 Likes

The umps donā€™t know the basic rules let alone one that applies once every 30 years.

Themā€™s the breaks.

2 Likes

This is an end of game after the siren unique breach of the rules.
All umpires have to be dropped. They had nothing else to do at that point of the game.
This is a very serious game affecting breach. Not maybe game affecting; 100% game affecting. If decision is made Myers kicks the goal from the goal line every time.
I donā€™t care if we deserve to win or not.
As a lifetime member I canā€™t believe some in here would prefer we lose cos itā€™s somehow better for us!

12 Likes

Come on guys, if this is what we need to harp on to win a game, then dont have a chance in hell.

we were terrible. we shouldnt have to rely on free kicks after the siren to win a game.

2 Likes