If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

The behaviour was recognised, the umpire told the player to get down rather than awarding the free kick.

4 Likes

“If you shake the post
You suck the most”

2 Likes

Protest what? :joy:

You think the AFL will do ANYTHING?

So why didn’t the umpire tell Stringer to return the ball next time? Why didn’t he tell Smith not to get in the player’s way? That’s right - two clubs, two different sets of rules.

30 Likes

Alleluia a true Essendon supporter in here for once.

Who cares if the AFL don’t?? This club needs to send a message to its supporters that sometimes really bad decisions hurt! Send a please explain to the AFL!!!
Club also needs to send heaps of messages to supporters regards not accepting poor performances by dropping players. Mutually exclusive issues.

1 Like

So you want the club to publicly sook and throw money away so supporters… what?

I’d rather we focus on actually play footy.

The saga turned us into an absolute laughing stock. We constantly whinge, sook, tinfoil hat it up meanwhile our on field performances are ■■■■.

Bad decisions go against and cost EVERY side. Deal with it. Become so good they don’t matter

7 Likes

Reality is, we should’ve been 6 goals up. We should be a 6 goal better team than them. The rampe issue is not even relevant

Yep.

Anyone want to see how a good side wins at the SCG? Go watch Collingwood or GWS last game there.

A few weeks ago the Giants were absolutely murdered by the umps. Still won easily. Because the Swans are cooked.

We are just even worse.

Public statement from X to say how disappointed they are the umps fail to apply the rules as written in the book and umpiring guidelines is unacceptable.

Nothing will come of it, but certainly out the AFL and umps on notice we aren’t going to take their ■■■■.

I don’t see any value in doing that. Never in the history of the game has the afl changed the result of a game and it won’t happen now. We’ll just come across as a bunch of sooks, particularly after anzac day

No, if we are a serious club, we ignore the Rampe climb, it is just noise.

If we are a serious club, we:

• Sack John Worsfold now and not wait until the season is mathematically shot.

• We replace him with someone who has never been in the Essendon system. He can name his assistants, whether currently in the club or otherwise. If the gameday tactics is not the new coach’s forte, then for heaven’s sake, get someone in the box whose it is.

• Drop under-performing senior players when required. I don’t just mean whipping boys like David Myers (though I do definitely mean him), I also mean fan favourites like McKenna and Tippa when it is justified.

• Get younger players performing in the VFL (or the AFL for that matter) into the team and give them an extended run. They are the future. Mynott in. Ridley, you should never have been dropped. Langford deserves the extended run that everyone else seems to get. This point would be stronger if they were not all injured - but Laverde, Draper and Begley once back into fitness and form, in.

• Linked to the first bullet, we develop an alternative game plan which we can utilise when we are being choked. We have one, it has been worked out by decent clubs.

• We invest more time in practicing: (A) Tackling and (B) Kick-ins. I am sure others can name more things we have sucked at for a long time.

4 Likes

This x 100. Of course the result isn’t going to be overturned but the rule is black and white - umpire has no excuses like he was blindsided etc. Perhaps, just perhaps umpires will think more carefully when officiating Essendon games in future too.

1 Like

FFS!

Does anyone remember what they did to Dustin Fletcher for much less than that. Just imagine the penalties if Fletch had done what Rampe did!

Absolutely corrupt competition.

Can’t believe that those AwFL Rsoles come up with more corrupt acts every week.

6 Likes

So, two umpiring controversies in three weeks involving Essendon on the short end.

It’s finally become so obvious that the masses are noticing.

2 Likes

So their justification is that Rampe didn’t actually make the goal post shake. FFS!!

Dustin Fletcher would have been hung, drawn and quartered if he had even looked at the post.

4 Likes

The afl have just confirmed it’s ok to climb the post. So we should do the same thing.

…then watch us get penalised…

4 Likes

Exactly.
I wonder what would have happened if the scene was reversed and we climbed the post.

3 Likes

No point reviewing or challenging it, the boys were still happy at the end.

3 Likes