If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

This is turning into a saga.

At least you know it’s ok to do it now. Every time someone lines up for a shot at goal I’d climb the post, you know it’s only a warning.

1 Like

When umpires make mistakes, the results of games have been changed by the AFL. Precedent for this has been set by the AFL.
Result%20reversed

7 Likes

Problem is our player who could’ve been awarded the free kick was never given the chance to kick the goal from the goal line. So even if the AFL admitted the cockup there is no process to assume we would have converted; so we’re still behind on the scoreboard.

What should’ve happened is the umpire who saw it should have stopped play, consulted with the other umpires and asked for a TV goal line camera review. Of course there would’ve been chaos, but given a minute to think about it the umps would have realised they have no choice but to pay a free.

10 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what should have happened. I’ll be really ■■■■■■ if we miss the finals by one game.

Clearly rules are now optional and only need to be applied if the umpire is feeling a vibe

4 Likes

Those thinking we shouldn’t do anything check out Kennetts comments yesterday. He’s calling the league biased and deliberately against the Hawks for a scheduling issue. Yet we have been reemed twice by umpire match fixing and donuts from X and tanner. We wonder why the playing group lacks leadership when their boses are devoid of it and meek lambs, just like half the players.

15 Likes

And then promptly decided not to pay it.

So looks like we are not a serious club.

dDyO3J

4 Likes

I seem to recall a few dubious free kicks going our way vs Melbourne, and they certainly helped us win that game.

So unless they speak out at all umpiring injustices (even when they favor us), they are best to say nothing or else it just looks like they are sulking.

1 Like

Key word - dubious. No grey here- he definitely climbed the post!

4 Likes

Nick Riewoldt summed it up:
“They know what a goal post is and they know they can’t climb it. It’s a free kick”. No ifs and buts.

16 Likes

My take from this is mostly that Rampe is either stupid, or had mental health issues during the match. If he claims mental health issues in response to the “Please Explain”, he will be excused without any form of sanction.

3 Likes

In the ‘apology’ video the swines media people posted, he talked about how he let his passion get the better of him and how it was embarrassing and he’d never do it again - all while visibly holding back laughter.

5 Likes

Yeah and rampe bwas told to give a ball back at one point in the game. Put it on the ground and the ■■■■■■■ umpire gives it back for him. No free kick. They choose not to award free kicks to us and we do nothing about it
Fmd we get screwed so many times is a game I lose count
I won’t watch any afl for the rest of this season it’s ■■■■ to watch and makes me angry and I’m sick of seeing the team get screwed.

3 Likes

Maybe the bosses didn’t want to offer up excuses for the poor effort showed by the players?

1 Like

50 meter penalty.
Myers within10 meters, probably would have missed anyway - laughing with Dys too much!

As per HTB rules when you’re on top of the ball you’re in possession.
Ump asked him to return the ball while he was still on the ground.

To me personally that’s 50, but obviously not to others.

Stupid rules of footy and their multiple grey areas.

4 Likes

If a betting agency opens a market on “AFL adds a rule explicitly forbidding climbing goal/behind posts some time between the 2019 GF and the 2020 JLT”, put everything you own on it for free money.

Gamble responsibly.

2 Likes