If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

Time well-spent I would say.

I know I was.

Except if Austin Lucy, and/or his pet Trex were playing FB, we’d need an extra pair of arms extended in the chain. But otherwise a brilliant idea as long as there is no lifting or misconduct or other stuff that doesn’t conform with the AFL’s version of common sense.

I think we’ve found plan B!

Way back in the ancient days of 2018 when I was still playing footy, I gave away a free. Bloke walks back, I stand the mark, ump doesn’t move, ball still on the ground. We all stood there like dckheads for about 10 seconds. “Fine,” I thought to myself, “I’ll break this stalemate and get the fkn ball.” Took two steps and went to scoop the ball up to the other bloke. Didn’t get my hand all the way under and the ball landed at his feet. Whistle. 25m for not returning the ball properly.

Fkn dumb fkn rule.

Take the basketball approach. Whistle goes for ball up, throw-in or free - whoever has it must give ball to the closest relevant umpire ASAP. They then have it for the bounce/throw, or they give it straight to the free kick recipient. Dropping it, delaying or any other shithousery is a free or 50.

2 Likes

A suspended fine FFS. Afl are really digging a hole with this one.

Another good take on it:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/05/14/the-afls-administration-has-failed-and-it-must-be-changed/

10 Likes

$1000 fine for shaking the post. Fully suspended…

So what… he will only pay if he does it again…

What a joke!

4 Likes

We are also getting the free kick paid retrospectively, but that also is fully suspended, unless Rampe again humps the goal post next time he plays us.

2 Likes

LOL.
An absolute farce of a competition. Hope it implodes.

6 Likes

O P T I C S
P
T
I
C
S

2 Likes

2 METRE OPTICS
M
E
T
R
E
O
P
T
I
C
S

2 Likes

If there was no free kick what are they fining him for. FFS.

10 Likes

It means there are warring factions within the AFL. Maybe even someone with, LOL, integrity.

3 Likes

■■■■■■■ BULLSHIT
U
C
K
I
N
G

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

7 Likes

It’s just a discretionary fine as it doesn’t effect his bank account.

The joke’s on us. I’ll bet if one of our players did what Rampe did, there’s be a free kick and a suspension.
Things are different for Sydney…

That is fkn brilliant

Get that man a beer!

4 Likes

I note that he was fined for “climbing” the goalpost, not “shaking” it.

Yep.

And you can definitely expect a new “Rule” banning Goal Post climbing next year.

1 Like