If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

This thread is embarrassing, seriously.

11 Likes

Thats exactly what we should do. We should have numerous player climb the posts whenever a player is having a shot next week. Of course they will pay frees against us but at the very least it will show the hypocrisy & the absurdity of the umpires continuing to justify corruption of the rules.

5 Likes

As Hep said, “they’re gutted”.

Yes they have St Kilda vs Fremantle game in Tassie.

3 Likes

The AFL can legit justify any decision. They could justify a king hit if it suited their agenda.

3 Likes

AFL - would have to be the only sporting organisation that doesn’t abide by it’s own rules and happy to flaunt it.

5 Likes

If we were awarded the win it might save Worsfold and condemn this club to 5+ more years terrible coaching

Last year, Gary Rohan throws Gleeson out of the way to take a mark to win the game - No free kick, Sydney wins

This year, Rampe climbs a post and a clear violation of the rules - No free kick, Sydney wins.

To be expected.

9 Likes

The guy who gave Jim those stitches below his eye was allowed to play in the GF. Yes the AFL will justify anything to fulfil their agenda.

12 Likes

After the Supplement saga and the many ‘run Ins’ with umpires we had with umpires in recent history… we need to expect that we get reemed by the umpires every week.

We must be better than the opposition and the umpires… and stop complaining every time 1 or 2 decisions don’t go our way.

Games like last night when the umpiring was pretty good, we need to just sit with it.

Games like Anzac Day, we must fight back against the league and the umpires… because it was cheating.

I think it should have been a free kick. But let the supporters and media talk about it. The club doesn’t need to make it a formal complaint or get public about it. The Club needs to leave it alone.

I agree that we should protest the post climb. I haven’t read/heard one commentator defending the umpires except for Gil the Dill. We’re a laughing stock and rolling over confirms it. and once again i’m hearing nothing from Xavier and Tanner.

3 Likes

Is this for real ? Only clubs like North would protest this… only to be embarrassed with a review suggesting they made a mistake missed it and we (AFL) will learn from this.

Have we ever?

I think this would be the wrong thing for them to die on a hill for. The umpires actually calling that would mean there would be a “gee, we got away with that one, didn’t we!” attitude.

And that is the critical issue. The umpire has no discretion according to the rule I’ve seen. And not only that but two of our players pointed it out to them.

7 Likes

Two completely seperate issues. One is about poor performance of the team, the other is about the umpires not applying a non discretionary rule.

14 Likes

No point protesting.

Just expose the league for the joke it is.

Next week in the 4th if it ain’t close, get 4 players to climb one post each. Make them pay a free.

7 Likes

Disagree. The result from siren gate was changed. This is essentially the same thing.

4 Likes

How much will this be Woosha’s response when asked about it.

“TBH I haven’t reallllly looked into it, i don’t quite have an opinion on it as I didn’t see the kick. I knew David wouldn’t get the distance so I was half way down the stairs. But yeah um nah, no opinion on if or what Dane did, our focus now is on losing to Freo”

5 Likes

You think it will end there? 100% our players get a suspension; hell the club may get thrown a bringing the game into disrepute charge too.

1 Like

Worth it

2 Likes