If you could kick one goal for Essendon

Grand Final, Scores tied, Mark in the pocket, Siren goes, deliberately kick a point by dribbling it through, then take off in celebrations.

And if it has to be a goal, same situation, but have a shot.

I like the modesty of your imaginary scenerio, in which you'd kick a point, in a how you'd kick a goal thread ;p

I'd like to be an umpire who accidentally kicks a goal, in the way that Peter Carey accidentally took a mark. And somehow Essendon wins everything because of it.

Just like Hird did against West Coast in 2004 to win the game. That's how you kick a goal! :)

Michael Long '93 Grand Final style.

Run the length of the field kick the ball and watch it clearly touch a Carlton players hands and watch him turn around in absolute dismay as the goal umpire signals the goal and win the Norm Smith medal.

fark Carlton

Haha, just for old time's sake

http://youtu.be/KTgiW77c-WY

Fark carlton

Love the S Denham assist + flooring of M Athorn.

I'd kick the goal Mark Mecuri missed, 1999 prelim, 1 minute to go

It still hurts

Unfortunately for my "Mercurial" memories, there was a few of them, and yes, anyone of them would be my choice.

I would live any of the goals mentioned against Carlton .

I would also be very satisfied running into goal and kicking straight at Wilsons head who is sitting in the opposition cheer squad win this year’s grand final.

As per Hird in the 2001 comeback against North. Lead out strong, mark, get absolutely flattened, don‘t get 50, get up while my two opponents lay on the ground, run in on the angle and drill it through as the third opponent rushes in.

Mostly because I‘m a softcock and this is therefore even more absurdly impossible.

drop punt, set shot, 20m out slight angle during a preseason match 

Rip down the rebound with 6 seconds to go, crossover 2 defenders, get past a third, shoot a 16 foot fadeaway jump shot over the last 2 defenders, siren goes as the ball is at the peaking it’s arc, and it barely ripples the net on the way through. Stacks on, Grand Final MVP, Staminade bottles emptied on me, the works.

Oh, you aren’t talking about real life.

Um, dribble it through from next to the point post, nutmegging 2 or 3 Carlton bastards as it wobbles over the line.

Fletch style vs Carlton in 2011.

Strolling through the middle, bomb it from 65 out, sails through post high!

Scott Lucas style, banging the ball back over the head of the “greatest fullback ever” (SOS) after he has ■■■■■■ his clearing kick, to score the match winning goal in the dying seconds of the game.

The 1999 prelim, when wallis… Or was it wellman kicked at goal and hit the post…I woulda kicked it :wink:

Caracella goal in 2000 grand final…1st quarter.

Dodges, weaves, still has space, silky smooth, long sleeves, sun is bright…

Slots it through.

Opens the champagne.

Don’t care where from but I want one of those kicks where as soon as it leaves the boot the crowd roars as it’s never going to miss.

If you took out Grand Finals, then kicking the sealer on Anzac Day from your first career goal, would be pretty high on the list. As would kicking the sealer in the last few seconds against Carlton at Hirdy's 'Going Away Party.'

That guy...   

It has been mentioned a few times here already but the Leon Baker blind turn and goal in the 1984 GF is for me the culmination of all that the baby Bombers and the rest of the club had been building for during the second half of the 1970's and the arrival if Sheedy. lt started with the hurdle of Wayne Harms and subsequent goal by Tim Watson at Waverley against Caaarlton in the night series GF, what ever it was called in those days. Both goals were audacious, and rather neatly book end our assent, but the blind turn goal sealed the GF win for mine and is arguably the most important goal in the last 40 years of Essendon history. lt was the goal the announced we had regained our place as an AFL super power. 

Let me paint the picture for you: Essendon are 1 point down in the 2014 Grand Final against Collingwood, I mark it in the dieing seconds of the game in the forward pocket. The siren sounds, game over! The crowd goes nuts (Essendon fans that is). I’m on the ‘more than impossible angle’. All Collingwood players have formed a chain alongside me trying to put me off. I move in, full of confidence. I can only see one post, that’s how tight the angle is. I casually move in, not deviating one millimetre, and drop the ball on my left foot which, in slow motion, moves out to the left and then back to the right (they call it a banana I think) and through the big posts it sails, hitting Joffa in the face. We win by 5 points and Collingwood fans walk out with their tails between their legs. I’m immortalised in AFL history just like Barry Breen in '66.
Thankya, thankya very much!

Michael Long '93 Grand Final style.

Run the length of the field kick the ball and watch it clearly touch a Carlton players hands and watch him turn around in absolute dismay as the goal umpire signals the goal and win the Norm Smith medal.

fark Carlton

Haha, just for old time's sake

http://youtu.be/KTgiW77c-WY

Fark carlton

Love the S Denham assist + flooring of M Athorn.

i like the casual 75 meter drop punt kick in by fletch

Tim Watson in the 93 Prelim without a doubt. One of my favorite Essendon goals ever