In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

The day I start giving even the very faintest of farks what a drunken, entitled oaf like Jeremy Clarkson thinks is the day I may as well take my last breath…

It’s The Sun…and it’s Jeremy Clarkson…who the ■■■■ cares? Another troglodyte who lives in the 70s.

I must be one of few not really bothered by that Clarkson piece. Poor timing , yes, and not terribly funny but a clearly satirical piece from an irrelevant pommy celebrity. Meh.

2 Likes

’SUPER PRETTY’ UMPIRE SHROUDED IN MYSTERY

She may have sent the social media world into meltdown but finding out details about glamorous chair umpire Marijana Veljovic seems as difficult as trying to return a booming serve by Nick Kyrgios.

1 Like

Jeezuz, . Really?

People never seen a pretty girl before?

Have to be total fkn no lifes, fair dinkum.

1 Like

Something that’s given me the shitz for years now, … is so called “Journos” / reporters, pronouncing OH lympics as Uh lympics, … but for the first time, . I just heard one actually pronounce it as A lympics, … ffs. :roll_eyes:

How the hell does that happen, … and is then let to continue to happen??

It’s the farking O lympics that began in O lympia ffs.

And Erlympics gets trotted out too. People write words the way they pronounce them these days hence why we see people constantly writing things like “His a good bloke.”

As an aside my absolute pet hate by a mile is the online sites trick of writing headlines as ‘Here’s what we know about X’. Click bait bs.

My favourite websites are those that say how Rebel Wilson or Susan Boyle, for instance, have been on a diet and look fantastic, and then you see them on TV and they’re just the same as ever.

Or the dodgy ones telling you how some big celebrity is making squillions on a gig that they don’t want the banks to know about.

They go on my list for instant electrocution when the SUBMIT button is pressed.

1 Like

The Australian summed up in one picture

11 Likes

the Australian is such a nonsense rag.

Perry is 5’9" and Warner is 5’7", so she must have had very high heels on !!

He must have been 2 steps higher in the photo in the banner.

Obviously the weight of the medal made him sink through the stage.

Tall girls are ace.

In the right photo, both of their faces look very like the the grilles of a 4WD.

That’s more a reflection of the photography than anything.

And @Diggers not all tall girls are ace.

1 Like

Unless they have the jack.

Isn’t it interesting that she decided to take her necklace off for the left photo?

1 Like

And he took his off in the right one…

Now they match, how sweet.

Alex Rance’s shock new career move

BYE FOOTY Just months after quitting AFL to focus on his “spiritual growth and family”, Alex Rance has surprised fans again — this time, with his next career move. And the gig is set to take him worlds away from the Richmond Football Club, literally.

(https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/richmonds-alex-rance-announces-postfooty-career-move/news-story/7bfd65f679146b4b4258e913182756e0)

‘Worlds away- literally.’ It’s a ■■■■■■■ metaphor, it is not literal. Or maybe there is “literally” nothing Alex Rance can’t do.

10 News reporting on a jetback flight “over Dubai”.

I must have missed the snow-covered mountains when I was there a couple weeks ago…

1 Like