In memoriam. Australian Journalism. Judd Wept

It’s a green left communist conspiracy to take our money and give it to the U.N. because climate change.

1 Like

I don’t suppose they could send me the money because climate change?

I’ll check.

Fixed. :smirk:

Join the Greens like @dingus, and maybe some of the money from the Wind Industry kickbacks will come your way. I put mine from the Coal Industry to pay for our footy membership each year.

Wow. Dies alongside his kids. ■■■■■■■ hell. ■■■■ off.

Yep.

He murdered his ex wife and children in a heinous way. The word “alongside” has never seemed so offensive.

6 Likes

Maybe the circumstances of the deaths weren’t known at the time this went to air.

But if it was 10.18pm on the 19th, they should have known…and if so, someone needs to be counselled, then sacked.

1 Like

The posting of the “Happy Family” snap was a farking disgrace and the Editor should get the sack as well.

1 Like

AAP shut down today after 85 years.
It’s a very, very sad day for Australian journalism.

3 Likes

Yep, … it just gets closer & closer by the Day, … Australia Murdochia.

Just saw on the ABC (real) News, … how silly that^ comment likely is now, … :no_mouth:

Of course AAP was already owned by Murfuch et al.

Should have known. :roll_eyes:

A rational government that gave a ■■■■ about the state of democracy would buy AAP and nationalise it as a branch of the ABC. Of course it’s laughable to think if the current mob doing that.

4 Likes

The ABC and its expansion into websites and twitter spamming with its news articles is what killed AAP. Plus Guardian and other new free online news distributors.

I thought the ABC and Guardian etc would pay AAP for its reports.

Yes, I’ve heard that said.
I have to say I find it a very shallow explanation.
What I’d suggest is that it’s been milked dry by its two majority shareholders, who I’m sure are the ones making that statement.

I mean, does AAP even have a website?
They certainly have no shortage of media subscribers.

They do. But they also produce their own articles, instead of using AAP. That is the problem no one is buying from AAP stringers. Lots of consumers getting news from facebook or TV, no longer buy any papers.

Theeeeeere you go.

I’m honestly not sure how the press is going to cope without…oh, ha.
Silly me.
More opinion. That’s working so well for them.

I guess they’ll just subscribe to whatever international bureaus feed them for things like the Olympics and cricket and so on.
But it’ll be noticeable even in AFL. They have their own massive media department and they still relied heavily on AAP.
And of course politics coverage will now be far less, which I guess is a win for someone.
Regional papers will take a massive hit.
Which I guess is a win for someone.

Murdoch Media platforms here are becoming more & more FuxSkewsish by the day, … and he/it/they own and dish out over 70% of what is consumed Daily according to recent stats.

And the numpties eat it up as truth.

We really do live in worrying times. :anguished:

At this point I probably should declare that I work in market research and ask consumers every week about what news sources they use (i.e. newspapers, magazines, TV and radio stations and websites).

2 Likes