Indigenous Jumper

Ah, so you’re the Ross Glendenning/Andy Maher “worst thing EVER” type, not a Don Scott sensible chap.

Lol I don’t remember that game (and was at home for the waverly game) but there is a very big difference between planning to turn the lights off & on again and going out permanently for the night…

Would hate to be going full viking, burning & pillaging, when the lights come back on?!!! :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

1 Like

The sooner that people come to terms with the fact that the jumper will change from time to time the better off you’ll be. If it’s red and black and our blokes are wearing it I’m on board. The poppies looked awesome and the husk not so much, but if Raz is wearing it whilst sidestepping Mackie to kick his 4th on Saturday night it’ll be the most beautiful thing I see for the day.

6 Likes

But does wheat raise awareness?
Which awareness does it raise for us to have a red sash or that our stupid top notches at the club don’t give a stuff about our constitution.
No one battered an eye lid at the pink line stripes on the last indigenous Dreamtime jumper and now every team is laughing at us with both a flipping kangaroo which should be a bomber last time I checked we are the bombers and a flogging wheat husk.
What are we the Essendon Wheat Husk Roos?
We are Essendon Bombers and any right supporter shouldn’t turn up to both country and dreatime games. Or at least turn up with jumpers for the players to wear that is our actual jumper!
FFS Carlton had a flipping turtle last year…

The jumper and our colours are traditions past down since our inception in 1872.
Over the last 10 years we have had so many differing types to our jumper its becoming a head frig. The only team that hasn’t changed their jumper much is Colliwobbles. We play in our colours, we play with our pride, the game becomes meaningless if we keep changing colors every week for recognition of who gives a toss.
Look at Demons and their pink wtinf is that about?
Why aren’t the umps changing colours?
Why not allow the players to wear bandanas?

The game becomes meaningless? Oh…Kay.

So what are our colours again and who do we support? I support the team team that wears our colours and play the game. That is red sash with black background. Its pretty easy to spot.
For away games red or white shorts home games black shorts. And then someone sometime stuffed that up! And don’t just take a little of what I said out of context to paraphrase all sport can disenfranchise fans if a team keep changing colours constantly.

1 Like

Dreamtime jumper looks better than I first thought when modeled on the players:

$120 a pop is very expensive, but it does look pretty schmick!

Bring back the red shorts!

11 Likes

Red shorts, red shorts, red shorts!

4 Likes

The game has never been the same since the players stopped wearing Jock-straps.

1 Like

We shouldn’t have any alternative strips. But if we’re forced to have an away guernsey, this should be it… all the time.

I know Josh who designed the Richmond strip. Ripping kid who would be very proud.

It’s almost a shame we play Richmond as our normal black with red sash with a yellow sherrin in the middle has been used by Aboriginal supporters for ages and looks good

We’re really playing fast and loose with the whole red sash on black now ain’t we.

I get that we’re being forced but I’m starting to fkn hate that we have an away guernsey. Red shorts with different socks (thick red strips with pin stripe black) should be MORE than enough to distinguish sides.

2 Likes

Nice jumper.

For dreamtime I want em to get the auskick kids to play one big version of marngrook over the middle of the G at half time

That’s a kangaroo footprint

Looks like an emu to me

Jumper looks like 2 x 2-toed prints rather than 1 x 3-toed

1 Like

Also there’s a fucken kangaroo on there, kangaroo prints make more sense surely?

2 Likes