Indigenous Round Jumpers

Grey sucks. Black and Red FTW!

Sash looks too meaty and thick.

Sash looks too meaty and thick.

Needs more droop.

Does that light grey look lighter than usual or is it just the lighting...?

pretty sure its the lighting. I will reserve judgement till we see them in the reals

In that lighting it's blander than Blitz.
In that lighting it's blander than Blitz.

So that is the colour of vanilla.

scratch that, the video on the website shows it does appear to be a lighter grey. More silver? Looks dam weird on Cooney.

I like the story behind it though, the symbolism of the footprints near the sash are Michael Longs walk to Canberra, and each circle represents a region where we have drafted an indigenous person from.

doesn’t the usual grey abomination have text all over the grey and that makes it appear darker?

Unfortunately, grey looks shi*house, no matter the design.

We’ve stuffed our jumper so much that I’d now prefer the away jumper just be solid red with black shorts.
Yes, I know the whole ‘red is a dark colour’ AFL thing, but find a shade they can live with and move on.

Will be awkward when Demps doesn’t play and we have Cooney, Chapman and Connor McKenna running around in an Indigenous jumper.

Jeez, Demps became the new whipping boy pretty damn fast.

O.k, so this years indigenous round has us scheduled as an away game thus we have the heritage clash jumper grey as opposed to last years home game where we wore our Red & black.
This jumper like last years indigenous jumper rightly respects the iconic Essendon sash, and only subtle indigenous symbolism is seen in the outer areas of the garment, again, just like last years which is orderly in the design parameters…thats a good thing and should be applied to the anzac day jumper where they only apply subtle commemoration with a anzac day badge on the right shoulder, and that is all!

As mentioned by others above, the sash looks MUCH better without the black borders, and the heritage clash jumper would look better without the black borders on the sash too…this proves it.
The grey in this jumper looks more towards silver which is better, but i think if they could just go a step further with a proper silver like that representing a bombers fuselage or battle armour (see pic below, this would stand out more too) , and have black numbers on the back, then i think our heritage jumper (clash jumper) could at least become more desirable as our alternative jumper, but must still continue to be used sparingly.

This silver metal colour below, with no black borders on the red sash/ neck / or armholes , and no names to darken the silver, would go a long way to making our clash jumper as simple & desirable as can be, after our flagship Red & Black of the exact same iconic design.

Whatever.

It looks ■■■■.
Every jumper we’ve played in with grey in it has looked ■■■■.

it’s farking gash and I will never have anyone convince me otherwise.

ps: how the heck does benzina jump in these threads so quick?!

On the premise we have to wear a grey jumper, it’s fine. If we’re going to continue to have a clash top, though, we really need to find an alternative to the grey. It’s the second worst colour on any jumper in the league (behind obviously the Giants’ high vis orange).

Quite like the design, just wish that the grey was white instead.

Well really I wish it was black with a red stripe but since the AFL are ■■■■■ and we can’t, I’d prefer the white top and red sash with the artwork on it.

scratch that, the video on the website shows it does appear to be a lighter grey. More silver? Looks dam weird on Cooney.

I like the story behind it though, the symbolism of the footprints near the sash are Michael Longs walk to Canberra, and each circle represents a region where we have drafted an indigenous person from.

The current grey has to be hard to play in. Just go all the way and make it close to white.

We should be wearing black jumper with a red sash.

everything else is just some ■■■■■■■ shirt we wore and means nothing except we didn’t get to play in proper strip.

I don’t give a ■■■■ how they design the alternatives. They all just look like Not Essendon.