International Rules

How was Edwards wim, boot?

Edwards layed some good tackles and that’s about it. Reminds me a bit of Stephen Hill

Everyone was rubbish.

Thanks for embarassing the AFL you bunch of clowns, another great effort by Demetriou and his cronies

Thanks for embarassing the AFL you bunch of clowns, another great effort by Demetriou and his cronies

To be honest, does anyone really care? It's a junket for the players, they are in holiday mode. Maybe bring it back once every 4 years but really I am not in the slightest bit interested in the IR series...

The positive is Michael OLauglin didn't REDACTED anyone in a a park while he was there.

Everyone loves a good belting.

The AFL shouldn't represent our country in anything,. Unless of-course bullying,  intimidation  and poor governance become an olympic event.

You know, it was kind of cold this morning. I blame Demetriou. Unsure if his cronies were involved in this heinous crime but doubtless they were about.

The AFL shouldn't represent our country in anything,. Unless of-course bullying,  intimidation  and poor governance become an olympic event.

Not an actual event but should guarantee a prime seat on the IOC :-)

Ya know, Sheedy's available next year… and he actually knows how to win these games.

■■■■ sport.....great country

How could ppl getting frustrated by us losing is beyond me.

It’s not about losing. It’s wasting resources, which could be spent on things like equalization, on a concept about which fans and players could care less.

Like someone said, focus on state of origin.....keep it alive in our own country.

Ya know, Sheedy's available next year… and he actually knows how to win these games.

Biff.

how was McGrath the goal keeper, how does that even happen. Tubby,short, not great agility. Yep great GK

Probably would of won if Chris Johnson was playing.

Barracked for Ireland. Had a great laugh watching it. Although one thing bothers me...

HOW COME THE IRISH ARE BETTER AT TACKLING THAN THE AUSTRALIANS???

yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well they finally killed it off.

The selection criteria meant that if your were indigenous, and on an AFL list, you got to represent your country. It doesn't matter if you haven't played an AFL game yet, have retired, or been on a list for a couple of years and only been good enoguh for a few games. You were in. No questions asked. To field a full squad, they would have had to pick players from state leagues.

I know this is a mickey mouse competition. But that's mainly due to the way it's been handled of late. The competition once was respected, the public was interested, and players were proud to represent their country and participate. Making it a race based team representing Australia eroded any credibility that the competition had, and the results speak for themselves.

Can anyone else think of any race-based teams other than those put together by extremist groups and far right nationalists? I can't think of any national representative teams that excluded on the basis of ethnicity since the 1950s. I know the formation of this team wasn't motivated by racist notions, however it's realisation sends mixed messages regarding racial equality. And the end result is embarassing.