Internet Piracy

The stuff about having to get a personal objection from the person / company you are stealing from before you stop is ‘interesting’ to say the least, and I wouldn’t have got there if I didn’t pursue that angle.

You're making it way more complex than it is.

He steals music and video because he can.  Because it's ridiculously easy, and no-one is serious about trying to stop him.

He doesn't try to explain it away with complaints about overall quality or somehow having the right to own a copy of benfti's latest single without paying for it. 

Guess what?  Lars from Metallica personally asked people not to download their stuff.  I don't reckon that'll stop him.

You're making it way more complex than it is.
He steals music and video because he can. Because it's ridiculously easy, and no-one is serious about trying to stop him.
He doesn't try to explain it away with complaints about overall quality or somehow having the right to own a copy of benfti's latest single without paying for it.
Guess what? Lars from Metallica personally asked people not to download their stuff. I don't reckon that'll stop him.

You might be right :) I was just interested in what people say and actually think on this issue. It's all a bit fuzzy to me.

People should read up on 'Hollywood Accounting' before feeling sorry for the big movie studios.

Anyway, they've been pumping out rubbish for years.