INTERSPORT - New Sponsor

Bring back Don is good, no more of those salami tactics.

BLTN endorses this.

I just went to the one in Swiss Cottage in London https://www.intersport.co.uk/mens-c1/mens-football-c49 said Go Dons and asked where I could find the Bomber polos.

How long did it take till the fuzz turned up?

Did we actually lose any significant sponsorship dollars due tot he saga? We could come out if this ahead of where we were, purely from that point of view.

INTERSPORT

I hate when marketing mobs do this

They are a sports store (there is one at the Harvey Norman center) it’s like Rebel being the sponsor.

I meant spelling company names in all caps. Unless it’s an anagram. In which case it’s a long one.

Acronym?

They're everywhere in germany, sometimes in little towns. First you build a Church, then a Hotel, then you build an Intersport

Well here in box the closes one to Melbourne is in Sunbury. Gotta drive past about 15 Rebel Sprts to get their. Looks like they’ve just rebadged every local sports store in local towns from Wonthaggi to Warrandyte.

If they’re wearing Asics this year, that’s good because they have some awesome BLACK footy boots, which I’m hoping we see a lot of this year. Throw in sensible haircuts, no beards and I’ll probably watch a game or two.

Did we actually lose any significant sponsorship dollars due tot he saga? We could come out if this ahead of where we were, purely from that point of view.

From the annual report:

“Corporate sales and commercial partner net revenues were $650,000 lower than 2015”

No idea what this is in % terms or how 2015 compared to previous years.

INTERSPORT

I hate when marketing mobs do this

They are a sports store (there is one at the Harvey Norman center) it’s like Rebel being the sponsor.

I meant spelling company names in all caps. Unless it’s an anagram. In which case it’s a long one.

Acronym?

Oh. Yeah.

Their branded stores are basically all in country towns, but they also own The Athletes Foot.

Seems to be a lot more fanfare about these kind of things, perhaps it’s to reward sponsors new and old for seeing us through the tough times.

I reckon the club has reevaluated things to do with sponsorship and maybe potential new suitors have been more inclined to approach the club when previously they thought they were no chance. A small silver lining perhaps opening more avenues in future.

Never heard of them.

Never heard of them.

To be fair, they’ve never heard of you either.

Never heard of them.

To be fair, they’ve never heard of you either.

“Just PM INTERSPORT” … nah, doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

I can handle the nearest store being in Sunbury… hey we all need to start somewhere, and the website has a 90s look and feel and is plastered all over with Soccer stuff… but fark me why is Josh kennedy inside the catalogue??? U would think the commercial boys would have sorted that out? Or do we need the money that badly!!!

I can handle the nearest store being in Sunbury... hey we all need to start somewhere, and the website has a 90s look and feel and is plastered all over with Soccer stuff....... but fark me why is Josh kennedy inside the catalogue??? U would think the commercial boys would have sorted that out? Or do we need the money that badly!!!

Since we have only just signed with them, l suppose they haven’t had a chance to update the catalogue or other promo material. Look for Essendon players to begin appearing on their advertising material shortly.

A lot of Sportspower and Sportfirst stores (surely you have one of these in town if you live outside of metro areas) have left their buying groups and joined the Intersport franchise. Originally it was just the Independant Sports stores that switched, of which there were maybe 20? I doubt its just an EFC deal, but in any case its a good thing IMO, these are all small businesses who are trying to compete against Rebel Sport & Amart (same mob, 500 corporate stores?) and are generally family owned and located in small towns.
Maybe this means our players can wear whatever boots they want? No idea, but sounds good for the club and the stores.

A lot of Sportspower and Sportfirst stores (surely you have one of these in town if you live outside of metro areas) have left their buying groups and joined the Intersport franchise. Originally it was just the Independant Sports stores that switched, of which there were maybe 20? I doubt its just an EFC deal, but in any case its a good thing IMO, these are all small businesses who are trying to compete against Rebel Sport & Amart (same mob, 500 corporate stores?) and are generally family owned and located in small towns. Maybe this means our players can wear whatever boots they want? No idea, but sounds good for the club and the stores.

Yes, I’ve noticed a few of the Sportspower stores have changed to Intersport over here.
They are huge in Europe definitely, every little village had one it seemed in Austria and Germany

so aussie.

yeah, i’m inter sport and that

I will be interested to see what affect this has on players and their individual footwear contracts, if any.

Previously some players would have their own boot sponsors, and contracts might range from being basically just free boots to lucrative cash payments and ambassador roles.

Adidas would have previously supplied footwear to any lesser players and coaching staff etc, or the club would have had X amount to spend on Adidas gear for staff/players however they saw fit, so I guess there was a void created by the ISC deal.

I guess I’m curious how say, Brent Stanton, running out in Adidas boots is good for Intersport, unless he puts an Intersport sticker on his boots.

Or this could just be a minor partnership and Intersport has given the club 50K(?) to spend on whatever, and the club has agreed to give them a plug and include them in their list of sponsors.

I will be interested to see what affect this has on players and their individual footwear contracts, if any.

Previously some players would have their own boot sponsors, and contracts might range from being basically just free boots to lucrative cash payments and ambassador roles.

Adidas would have previously supplied footwear to any lesser players and coaching staff etc, or the club would have had X amount to spend on Adidas gear for staff/players however they saw fit, so I guess there was a void created by the ISC deal.

I guess I’m curious how say, Brent Stanton, running out in Adidas boots is good for Intersport, unless he puts an Intersport sticker on his boots.

Or this could just be a minor partnership and Intersport has given the club 50K(?) to spend on whatever, and the club has agreed to give them a plug and include them in their list of sponsors.

If the had their own footwear sponsor pre this, then they still do. If they want to wear what comes with this contract then they will be wearing Asics boots, runners etc.

If the had their own footwear sponsor pre this, then they still do. If they want to wear what comes with this contract then they will be wearing Asics boots, runners etc.

Fair enough.

Do people really base purchases on who sponsors a sports team?