Is anyone else feeling apathetic?

I can’t remember the last time I genuinely looked forward to a season and watching Essendon. Even with getting some young kids in … something just feels off. I mean even under knights when we had young kids there was a general sense of excitement but i feel nothing almost like i don’t care. No excitement at all.

12 Likes

No ■■■■■■■ way. Bring on 2021.
Go Bombers.

16 Likes

I don’t think i have ever been less excited about a new season as i am right now. My only hope is the club realises where they are and are going to go full rebuild

18 Likes

ESSDON
CLAP CLAP

6 Likes

To me, it feels like we’ve at least turned a corner in terms of blokes not wanting to be at the club. This off-season is probably 1 out of a 2-step process to phase blokes out who are either not committed or don’t want to be at the club for whatever reason. Probably another season or 2 of pain before we hopefully can see some benefits for getting into the early parts of the draft, using those picks well and hopefully have a group of players who have bought into what Truck is wanting to do.

7 Likes

Bombers will make the finals#babybombers

2 Likes

You never know what a new season throws up - if you said to Tigers fans at the end of 2016 that they’ll win three of the next four premierships, they’d have said you are mental.

So, who knows? Maybe something clicks and we look a million bucks next season.

6 Likes

We’re finally embracing the rebuild.

3 Likes

The club died a long while back, what youre supporting right now is a CARCASS.

35 Likes

I got nuthin. Seen better skills from an under 10s side. Don’t get me started on our leadership group. Pack of nuffies.

1 Like

I’m pretty excited to see what our young players can produce.
Some are genuine stars already in McGrath & Ridley.

Realistically, we have numerous glaring holes in defence and forward.
Poor ole Riddles will have to work some double shifts next year saving our collective ar*es.
I’m not sure how we move the ball out of our D50 given the limited kicking skills and pace of Ambrose, Hurley, Zerk, Guelfi.
Hopefully Redman gets his mojo back, Hind turns into an AFL level attacking HB, and Smith can slot in there somewhere.

Our midfield (yes, even without Josh Dunkley) is improving.
We now have a competitive ruckman and some young mids coming thru together.
Lets rediscover what made Zerrett and Shiel good enough players to win AA selection, Hepp back on the park, and start to pump games into Caldwell.
Throw in the improving Parish, Langford, and spurts from Stringer, it doesn’t look too bad.
Our midfield will keep us in a lot of games next year, even if we fall short.

Up forward, wasn’t that excited by 2MP, but he came cheap, and is only 24.
At the very worst, he replaces Smack as the big forward option/pinch hit Ruck.
Stewart, Stinger, and a collection of mediums to choose from LAV/Langford give us enough targets.
Small forwards are an obvious concern.

6,7,8 will have talent, and would not surprise to see at least 1 of them cement themselves in the side.

Considering I’m expecting a 10th-15th (perhaps worse) finish, I’m quite buoyant for 2021.

2 Likes

I have never been less interested in the club and football in general. 17 years of utter garbage, the saga and a range of other poor decisions has destroyed my enjoyment.

#DonTheRebuild

5 Likes

Guess that is why you post so much on a footy blog !!!

5 Likes

I’m feeling very meh… kinda like we’re at the crossroads. I reckon the new GM appointment will tell us all we need to know as to the path we’ve chosen

10 Likes

its a forum, dinosaur.

5 Likes

eta for the facade to end so we can appoint who brash/xav wants?

1 Like

I enjoy mucking around and reading things on Blitz, but I don’t have the passion I once did for the club.

For instance had Dunkley nominated as two years ago, I would have ridden all of the emotions trying to get him during trade period.

This year I just didn’t care. I was just ‘meh’.

2 Likes

I feel like that about Wives

9 Likes

I do. Every year, every bluddy year. No exception.

2 Likes

I can’t even muster up any apathy.

13 Likes