IS DON, IS GOOD

34 Likes

Finally all these years of buying Shaved don leg ham has paid off.

15 Likes

Hahaha great minds think alike. I posted the exact same topic!!

1 Like

how awesome would it be to have a Don Smallgoods deli at games? ciabatta rolls, caciatore salami, corned beef reubens all at the footyā€¦

13 Likes

Me three.

(Well, I checked before I postedā€¦)

Haha. I didnā€™t see any. Apparently my 3rd only topic created on discourse.

2 Likes

I just canā€™t wait to buy the retro jumper. Iā€™ve already got the Nubrik one, but the Don Smallgoods one is so hip, especially with the red shorts in the early-80s. My Mumā€™s friendā€™s parents owned Blue Sea Pools in Napier St, long time sponsors of the club back in the 70s and 80s. Their house is like a shrine to EFC with all the old memorabilia. They have some of Rodger Merrettā€™s lace-up jumpers. Classic stuff!

8 Likes

ā€œWe will be releasing a limited-edition heritage guernsey, which will retail in our Bombershop, to commemorate the reignited partnership. Weā€™re delighted to be working closely with Will and his team at the iconic DON organisation for the remainder of 2019 and beyond.ā€

With or without Sash droop.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a joke about Devon somewhere in here

5 Likes

ITā€™S TIME

5 Likes

Not a fan of Ham?

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s the second unforeseen snag weā€™ve run into today.

4 Likes

Adam Saad is conflicted

7 Likes

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s halal meats available, might be a new market area for DON Smallgoods.

1 Like

Brilliant.

Hope they never leave again.

It says DON were ā€œone of the first sponsors to appear on the Essendon guernseyā€.
Werenā€™t they THE first?

Itā€™s just easier to say ā€œone of the firstā€ so you donā€™t have to do any actual research.

10 Likes

Must say I hadnā€™t been aware that the brand name was actually derived from Essendon, just assumed it was some guy called Don or a family name.

Also recall hearing Tim Watson make a joke about players in the 70s being not so happy to have ā€˜don smallgoodsā€™ on their shortsā€¦

2 Likes

Processed meat is bad for your health but good for the bottom line.

1 Like

The logo is not actually going to be on the jumper though is it?