IS DON, IS GOOD

Also - the sash on those jumpers that Madden and Daniher are wearing is horrific and nothing like what the sash actually looked like back then. Cue @benzina

2 Likes

Still paying extra to buy Don, did so this morning before seeing this.
Another Bombers family I know took brand loyalty a step further in the '90s. Mum saw the son had bought Spicers Paper and made him throw it out.

9 Likes

Is Simon Madden shrinking? He looks tiny in those pictures.

Iā€™ve seen him on the train a fair bit. Heā€™s not small at all, must be at least 6ā€™4" still. Of course you do shrink a bit as you get olderā€¦

That first photo makes TD look huge. Maybe itā€™s that crazy perspective issue at the Hangar like the photo of the new draftees last year.

I bet that jumper will cost $500.

1 Like

Agreed. That sash their wearing is totally falling off the shoulders and down the armā€¦What were they thinking!! They should have refused to wear it.

2 Likes

When are these bad boys available?

Don is the brand name of the Gilbertson family. They had a big mansion on Raleigh St thatā€™s now a function centre. One of my nephews got married there.

These were some of my favourite ads. ā€œThis dog is good tooā€

The current woolie is 200. Id be surprised if they put up the price just for a sponsors logo.

If anything it should be a little cheaper. Some free advertising there!

Thatā€™s the Goggomobil bloke isnā€™t it? Such a range.

5 Likes

Not any more its not. Was redeveloped a year or so ago.

And made in China for 20.

Profit!

1 Like

Maybe will need to go into the market and produce bombre guernseys.

The stripe could run in the opposite corners.
Put it on when Essington turns up to play. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well Don is not owned by Gilbertsonā€™s, it is owned by Associated British Foods.

And I think there sponsorship conflicts with our country round V geelong as most of the DonKRC products all use imported pork from China or Canada.

So im not sure why sheedy supports it?

Its a odd oneā€¦ you would think they (EFC board/CEO) would do there due diligence before taking on such a sponsorā€¦ im sure if the sponsor was found to be homophobic they would drop them like a hot potatoeā€¦ but make extra money by importing pork against aussie farmers interests despite having a round specifically celebrating farmersā€¦ yikesā€¦ they look foolishā€¦ the whole essendon board.

Got asked today to suggest the brick company which made a certain colour of brick for a bloke doing a reno. Of course I said Nubrick. I was right. Itā€™s a sign!

1 Like

its ā€œnubrikā€ and lets not forget Monier!

1 Like

https://www.bombershop.com.au/our-fibre-of-football/don-l-s-woollen-guernsey

1 Like