Is Essendon 'hard to deal with'?

YESS

have to agree with them… what a fizzer of a trade period… nothing even remotely exciting… no megatrades… no speculation of top end talent suddenly abandoning their team in such of glory…

hoping it heats up between now and Thursday… it was so fun watching hawks completely stuff their draft strategy for the next 2 years chasing a bloke with dodgy knees…

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

"Is Essendon ‘hard to deal with’?"

I bloodywell hope so ! What, are we some benevolent society, some band of christian do-gooders, whose mission in life is to make things better for the poor 17 other clubs ?

Give me a break ! It’s business, and that’s the height and depth of it. Get what we need, as much as possible, and pay the minimum we can manage for it. Kapitalism Rools.

3 Likes

“Is Essendon ‘hard to deal with’?”

Apparently not

Myth Busted.!

1 Like

Just because we got deals done, don’t mean that we are not hard to deal with

That’s a weird thing to say in conversation

I’d rather be hard to deal with than ready to bend over whenever asked to.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. It takes 2 parties to make a deal.

Just because you don’t want to get screwed over doesn’t mean you’re hard to deal with as well. Buckenara said we over rate our players and undervalued other players. Well no ■■■■■■■ ■■■■, everyone does that with everything in life, it’s part of negotiation.

However he did also say that we would pull out of deals at the last minute, that stuff is not part of negotiation and very poor on our behalf.

4 Likes

Yeah, that was a long long time ago. Jackets is a changed man.

Yes I guess it is, but in the 21st century when good things can be “sick” and really good things can be “fully sick” it seems like meanings can be turned on their heads.

Wait til next year. They will wheel it out again. Buckenara who couldn’t have any less relevance will spout the same rent-a-quote garbage and people will eat it up.

1 Like

Yeh, look I pulled out of a deal with the Pakistan Airforce in 2008 after we had negotiated on all the technical and contractual terms for over a week, they told us they would only open a Letter of Credit via some shaky little tin pot domestic bank in Pakistan , when it would cost us more to confirm the letter of credit than the profit on the contract. They were pretty ■■■■■■ off. Sometimes people try to change things at the last moment and you have to renege, so I have an open mind on why Sheeds pulled out.

Glad to get out of Islamabad actually. I was staying at the Marriot which was blown up by the Taliban in 2008, I never felt at ease even dealing with their military inside the airbase. Driving around in Islamabad is a bit scary, machine gun nests on the main street corners, and traffic bollards that make ours look like lollypop sticks.

Trade week at Etihad seems tame by comparison, but reputations do linger. We have not done a deal in in Pakistan since and you know, I dont give a fark.

1 Like

What about St Kilda, their original stance was pick 5 (as it was at the time) was off limits and would not be part of the Carlisle trade. That only changed because we got the Hawks to offer two first round picks and got Jake to agree to say he would be happy to go to the Hawks.

This year they chased Tomilinson who had 2 years left on his contract, offered a big 4 year deal, but then toldGWS that both picks 7 & 8 were off limits and would not be part of any trade for him.

When will we get people bringing up St Kilda and Ameet Baines being difficult to trade with.

3 Likes

They mostly changed their tune when they got #14 back.

Ameet Bains gone to the dogs. As CEO.
Imagine their new list management heirarchy.
Mccartney < chris grant< ameet bains < peter gordon

Now thats gonna be difficult to deal with

2 Likes

to this day, Chris Grant just reminds me of this

To be honest, this year there was more reference to the Sheedy era and not so much last 5 years stuff. Opinion is slowly changing.

2 Likes