Is there another agenda?

The sooner folks accept that the selection panel's current modus operandi is essential, the better.
No Danking, No Tanking and no Whanking.

Maybe the team we have picked is how the coaches want to run it, but with Joe Dan as the backup ruck, rather than Ambrose and Smack is ahead of Giles. Maybe Joe Dan isn’t big enough yet to survive backup ruck and they are trying to get his goal kicking better. Maybe the coaches actually have a clue…

The sooner folks accept that the selection panel's current modus operandi is essential, the better.

Giles is trying to steal all of our precious bodily fluids.

Giles is trying to steal all of our precious bodily fluids.

No, wait, his job is to stop that happening. Whatever.

In all of your threads?
Sure seems that way.

Into every day a slayer is born: one beard in all the world, a chosen one. He alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the trolls, the clueless, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. He is the Giles.

A real Rickman.

I don’t even know who this Giles is.

As a Rickman, Giles is rated somewhere south of Colyer. If he plays you know we have found the bottom of the barrel.

No. Bottom of the barrel would playing a guy who got his ■■■ handed to him the week before as the lone semi-recognised ruckman, with a 190cm non-ruckman (non-anything really) and a 200cm developing forward as support.

If Giles is SO bad then why did he we target him in the preseason and lure him away from Adelaide’s more attractive offer of more years and more money?

What’s keeping him out of a side that is basically made up of players with than then 30 games? I mean, everyone else is getting a shot, why not a recognised ruckman with form in the VFL when we are desperately crying out for one?

Either Hirdy has lost the plot, Giles insulted his mum, or something else very odd is at play.

“something else very odd is at play”… Or maybe just “something else is at play”. Your ignorance doesn’t mean the only explanation must be “very odd”.

Last night I got home and couldn’t find my Kindle. I’d had it on the train but it wasn’t in my bag. In your world it was either stolen or a ghost hid it.

In reality, it fell out of my bag into the footwell in my car. 'Cause ghosts don’t exist and just because I didn’t know where it was doesn’t mean it was a ■■■■■■■ conspiracy.

People still have Kindles?
As a Rickman, Giles is rated somewhere south of Colyer. If he plays you know we have found the bottom of the barrel.

No. Bottom of the barrel would playing a guy who got his ■■■ handed to him the week before as the lone semi-recognised ruckman, with a 190cm non-ruckman (non-anything really) and a 200cm developing forward as support.

If Giles is SO bad then why did he we target him in the preseason and lure him away from Adelaide’s more attractive offer of more years and more money?

What’s keeping him out of a side that is basically made up of players with than then 30 games? I mean, everyone else is getting a shot, why not a recognised ruckman with form in the VFL when we are desperately crying out for one?

Either Hirdy has lost the plot, Giles insulted his mum, or something else very odd is at play.

“something else very odd is at play”… Or maybe just “something else is at play”. Your ignorance doesn’t mean the only explanation must be “very odd”.

Last night I got home and couldn’t find my Kindle. I’d had it on the train but it wasn’t in my bag. In your world it was either stolen or a ghost hid it.

In reality, it fell out of my bag into the footwell in my car. 'Cause ghosts don’t exist and just because I didn’t know where it was doesn’t mean it was a ■■■■■■■ conspiracy.

People still have Kindles?

Some arent allowed kittens.

Into every day a slayer is born: one beard in all the world, a chosen one. He alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the trolls, the clueless, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. He is the Giles.

Nah. He’s the Dragon Reborn.

We’re not rebuilding.
We’re reloading.

Resting weary ASADIANS.
Testing out and weeding out the list.

Reloading.

Reboot is right, Giles would make a terrible Snape, he would make a far better Weasley

(ignoring ben’s droll post) Then why TF did we waste time, money and so much BB angst in recruiting him?

If EFC only wanted a VFL ruckman, why didn’t they just recruit him as a VFL player and save money they could have squandered somewhere else?

Hird is genius. We learn to win without ruckman, we never need ruckman again. Genius.

Hird is genius. We learn to win without ruckman, we never need ruckman again. Genius.

Hawthorn lost the hit outs tonight against the blues. They still did ok

We're not tanking. The coaches think that playing only one ruck is the way the game should be played. That's what has been done all year even when TBC was a lone hand in the ruck (even after having not played last year and sustaining an injury in round 1) and Smack was playing very well in the 2's.

The reason they only want one ruck IMO is because the ball comes out of our forward 50 too easily. I think it comes out of the forward 50 too easily because the forwards are significantly outnumbered because we have extras at the contest because we get killed in the ruck and at clearances. If we were actually more competitive in the ruck, clearances would be better and then we wouldn’t have to play an extra at the contest and the forwards wouldn’t be as outnumbered and the ball wouldn’t come out so easily out of our forward 50. I’m a big believer in playing two guys who are at least capable in the ruck and then build the side from there. You don’t need world beaters of ruckman, you just need to give your mids a shot.

Hawthorn play 3 ruckmen....
We're not tanking. The coaches think that playing only one ruck is the way the game should be played. That's what has been done all year even when TBC was a lone hand in the ruck (even after having not played last year and sustaining an injury in round 1) and Smack was playing very well in the 2's.

The reason they only want one ruck IMO is because the ball comes out of our forward 50 too easily. I think it comes out of the forward 50 too easily because the forwards are significantly outnumbered because we have extras at the contest because we get killed in the ruck and at clearances. If we were actually more competitive in the ruck, clearances would be better and then we wouldn’t have to play an extra at the contest and the forwards wouldn’t be as outnumbered and the ball wouldn’t come out so easily out of our forward 50. I’m a big believer in playing two guys who are at least capable in the ruck and then build the side from there. You don’t need world beaters of ruckman, you just need to give your mids a shot.

Hawthorn play 3 ruckmen....

No they don’t

Hahahah, did anyone hear the journalist asking Hird why Giles isn’t getting a game?
“Why isn’t Gillies playing?” Hahahahaha.
He actually said ‘Gillies’.