Isis

They have beheaded a third person.

Fair dinkum, can someone please explain who they are and what they are doing and "why"?

An article about Syria/Russia:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/05/aleppo-europe-vladimir-putin-russian-military

I still dont understand how, - with Russia, the US, Aus, UK, France, Syria and goodness knows who else all conducting air campaigns - these murderous inbeciles can parade columns of white 4x4’s on a desert landscape without being absolutely wiped out. It doesnt add up.

I still dont understand how, - with Russia, the US, Aus, UK, France, Syria and goodness knows who else all conducting air campaigns - these murderous inbeciles can parade columns of white 4x4's on a desert landscape without being absolutely wiped out. It doesnt add up.
  1. The bombing is not done 24 hours a day in all areas, just “strategic positions”
  2. IS control large amounts of land
  3. They parade them for short periods of time

Might be a weird question but, if we are supporting such moves on ISIL, why isn’t Boko Haram in Africa being treated the same way?

Might be a weird question but, if we are supporting such moves on ISIL, why isn't Boko Haram in Africa being treated the same way?

There is no oil there?

Might be a weird question but, if we are supporting such moves on ISIL, why isn't Boko Haram in Africa being treated the same way?

There is no oil there?

There is oil, just at this moment Boko Haram is operating in the North and not a huge threat to the oil wealth…

There is no oil there?

There is oil, just at this moment Boko Haram is operating in the North and not a huge threat to the oil wealth…

Cannot be a lot of oil or the US would have already built a puppet state and be fighting there a bit more. The French too would have become more involved. [/END SARCASM]

They have beheaded a third person.

Fair dinkum, can someone please explain who they are and what they are doing and "why"?

I thought they were a band

50921593.jpg

And the Arab states surrounding Syria and Iraq do nothing - Better to let western countries dive head first into the battle - Then the Arab states will pick up the pieces.

The future state of ISIS

And the Arab states surrounding Syria and Iraq do nothing - Better to let western countries dive head first into the battle - Then the Arab states will pick up the pieces.

I read that the Kurds in Northern Itaq have been taking them on via western resourcing, even though they are also considered to be a terrorist organisation.

I read that the Kurds in Northern Itaq have been taking them on via western resourcing, even though they are also considered to be a terrorist organisation.

Your thinking of the PKK, not the Peshmerga

Now Tone has stepped in, committing Ozzie forces to the conflict. This has major disaster written all over it. 

They're nothing but a bunch of cowardly, adolescent pyschopaths who unfortunately have been allowed to get away with too much for too long.

ISIS have captured journalists and/or humanitarian workers from Syria and neighbouring countries. They behead each person as punishment for a nation who has pledged allegiance with the US or who have condemned the approach of ISIS. Without watching any of the videos, the main coward who features on film is allegedly a man from the UK, whose identity is attempting to be uncovered according to the press, but most likely, the government has identified the man and just not released his details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8

Who are ISIS? 

Who are ISIS? 

Splinter group of Al Qaeda who are making Al Qaeda seem a bit soft.

I say kill every one of them you can find, but I agree it should be the Arabs doing the killing.

Less than twelve months ago people were saying how evil the Syrian Government was and how badly it needed to be eliminated.

Want to guess who the rebels are that Assad is fighting?

I also remember when Iraq was invaded to get rid of that evil ■■■■■■■ Saddam.