IT’S TIME to eliminate the Weagles: the named team and lead-up

How is it not the issue?

Hurley wasn’t even a certainty to play considering his injury and we all know how inconsistent Smack can be.

Merrett is relatively consistent so he can be relied upon but Shiel can spray the ball around at times and if that happens WC will kill us.

Named team is all out of whack as always.

We won’t play 3kpf’s + Stringer + Lav there in rotation also. And we need a 7th def off bench.

I still expect Ambrose back & Hurley actually playing Gleeson role. Redman 7th.

We have named a very quick side compared to them. Dropping Petrucelle against us seems odd, even more so since they slowing side up with two rucks but I’ll take it!

FUUUUUUUUUARRKKKKKKKK

That’s a decent side, not behd.

15 Likes

Ambrose will play back.

Unfortunately Clarke’s performance against the pies probably justifies his omission. One of lav, Lang or Clarke were always going to make way for hepp. Clarke was probably the worst performed of those three in the final round.

Fwiw I think it is more important to control McGovern and Jetta, not turn it over cheaply going forward and deny West coast easy hit up targets than it is to deny any one particular coal face ball winner.

I’m not sure Shuey or yeo would be a good match up for Clarke either. Hell, Pendlebury made him look slow on the outside in the last round.

2 Likes

All of that is pretty true. I understand it’s a difficult call but I just feel better having him in the side.

I’m amazed they didn’t bring in Cameron, or leave petrucelle in. They lack speed, and one area they could expose us is by playing a extra small up forward with Ryan and rioli.

11 Likes

I understand that view too

Agreed.

Why do you think Hooker in doubt? Has had 2wks off now to sort niggles. New issue?

Yep, very surprised with this.

1 Like

LAV

6 Likes

Either way, I reckon there will be a late change, for both sides.

If all the ins are really capable of playing at 100% for 100 minutes, that’s a good team.

If not, it’s not.

Agree. As good as we could have hoped for.

If they are all actually at least 90% plus fit, we are in with the best possible chance.

1 Like

Agreed. Ridley a likely in given some of defenders are made of glass atm.

Full intentions, 1997 remix.

Going to blast it all day tomorrow in prep for LAV ripping apart West Coast and blasting that pathetic finals drought into the stratosphere.

5 Likes

How do you know he’s not?? I’m not going back to find my posts alerting Blitz to this development / transition of Paddy, but it’s just as likely as not that will be where he lines up.

Can always go back if needed.

Lav will kick 4 and we will win and he ain’t going anywhere.

8 Likes

Reading all of these excited and enthusiastic posts is like watching the start of Bambi, when he is playing with his mother. It’s all so positive, but you know what’s coming…

36 Likes

Lol Fantasia. I can see this working well.